waking you up

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just wondering how all you gett woken up by your cats. Mine will lay on my chest at about 6:30 in the morning about once a week so far and then I start petting her and all I wake up to is her standing stairing at me or laying with her eyes closed loving the attention. I actually woke up this morning not knowing I had started petting her when she was on my chest

angel23456

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I usually wake up in the mornings (more so on the weekends) with my cat(s) curled up in between my legs or next to me, and when my female cat notices I'm awake she begins her meowing and purring, rubbing against my leg and arms, crouching on top of my stomach, etc. (Though with my male cat, who isn't quite as social, he'll just usually jump down from where he was lying with me)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw I don't know why my cat craves attention so bad that she has to wake me up so early

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alarm-goes-off-at-6am,6-days-a-week,and-kitties-know,after-mommy-uses-the-kitty-box,which-they-do-too,they-were-trained-to,they-get-fed.

When-I-try-to-sleep-in-on-Sunday,nope,not-happening,lol,they-stand-on-me,walk-on-me,lick-my-face,bat-my-face,pull-my-hair,meow,meow,meow.Ma,did-ya-forgets-us???

The-time-change-doesn't-fool-them-either,lol,on-this-past-one,woke-me-up,looked-at-the-clock,6am.

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awww my girl wakes me up around 4 am by licking my hair off of my forehead and my boy lol he first climbs on my chest around 6 am  when that doesnt work he gets off comes by my shoulder and poke it with his paw after that i start petting him he climbs on my pillow and start kneading my head i clip their nails so it does not hurt :)

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is cute I got woke up at like 6:30 or so yeaterday morning but I had started petting tabby idk when cause when I woke up I was already petting her and that was like the secound time she woke me up in the past 2 weeks which is how long we have had her and it was on Saturday last week she woke me up

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also accidsently rolled over forgetting she was on my chest and she fell off and landed on the bed but then I woke up and started appologising to her for that

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today she woke me up about the same time witht he exact same thing as last few times but this time she was meowing and then she went over and tried to wake my bf up but that didn't work out at all for her lol

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol thats adorable my Lion-o and Delilah wakes me up everyday lol that too twice first its Delilah then its Lion-o.....i am so used to of it now if some day they dnt wake me up i wake them up lol

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol I woke up cause of my alarm clock and couldn't go back to sleep cause my bfs brothers gf was fighting with someone in the house I covered my head up and she seen it and came over to lay on me and calm me down even though I was just covering my head cause of the noise but she is now laying on me asleep. She is my baby99% of the time the other 1% is when she prefures my bf over me but that is so rare that I actually get jellouse

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so cute :-) my boy tries to meow ppl away when he thinks they have upset me lol give these little fellows a little space in your heart and in blink of an eye they take over your entire heart

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby is protective of me and if she feels scared or threatend she runs behind me or under a bed.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She did something yesterday that got her in so so much trouble that my bf was about to take her to the shelter but I told him that she was doing that cause her litterbox was too full soi I cleaned it and she was using it again

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are very neat they are likely to go some place else if the litter tray isnt clean i got 6 trays for both of them in different places i take out the poop and all as soon as i notice and i scrub the trays twice a week try cleaning the tray once in a week and then dont put in back the old litter put fresh litter and ur girl will be good :-)

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has been good after I cleaned the poop and she actually doesn't mind it till a week goes by but I was like ok she is getting used to her food so she needs to just keep her litter clean and for some reason she ain't covering her poop anymore it may be that she is still getting used to the cat food and I am waiting for her to start again cause instead of covering it she comes to me to cover it I think she is reverting back to when she was a kitten

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cnt say much about it both my cats cover it but they dnt like their trays dirty

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to know how to STOP cats from waking you up! I have to get up at 4 AM for my job, but my cat tries to wake me up starting at 2! He meows, walks on me, knocks things off the night stand, what can I do? I've tried ignoring him, I haven't yelled at him (yet) and I'm afraid if I close the door (my next step) he'll just cry and scratch at the door! Any suggestions?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Di and Bob, try playing with him before you go to bed.  Leave out some toys in the other room for him to play with, in case he is bored.

Also, cats are nocturnal; their night is our day and vice versa. 

There was a time when Ritz would wake me up every three or four hours and stupid me would actually get up and play with her or feed her.  Friends told me I was crazy to do this--and I was losing a lot of sleep.  So I just went cold turkey, refused to get up from my bed once I was in it no matter how many times Ritz would meow or jump on my bed.  And four or five days later, she'd learned not to do that anymore.