Waiting period for new members?

kejhix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made a post a few min ago, but it's not showing up.  Is it because I'm new and it needs to be reviewed first?

I'll delete this thread as soon as I know what's up--I don't want to clutter the forums with irrelevant stuff.  I'm just a bit lost, atm.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kejhix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hrm, clearly not, since this thread is showing up.  I tried it again, and it's still not coming up.  I posted two pics in the thread, and the post was pretty long ... would either of these things affect whether or not the thread shows up?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The system's spam filter will hold back new members' posts/threads containing photos or smilies for validation by a moderator. Your thread has just been validated and is on the boards.

kejhix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eeek, I'm sorry.  My other post came through (probably twice, since I tried it twice--just took a few minutes).  I know I said I'd delete this, but I can't find the delete button.  I'm brand new and already making a mess.  I'm sorry.  :(  Can someone direct me as to how to delete this, or does it require a mod?

Thanks so much.

Kaci

kejhix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rawr, I'm a few steps behind.  Thank you, Tricia!  :D

absinthe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I am in a similar boat, even though my initial post did not contain smilies or pictures.  It was rather long though...  I did check the FAQ, etc.. Just wasn't given a clear message when I posted it that it was waiting to be mod'ed or if it was an error or what.  Just concerned it slipped off into the ether.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I guess I am in a similar boat, even though my initial post did not contain smilies or pictures.  It was rather long though...  I did check the FAQ, etc.. Just wasn't given a clear message when I posted it that it was waiting to be mod'ed or if it was an error or what.  Just concerned it slipped off into the ether.

I just approved it! :)

parlo kin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I am having this problem too. I may have posted like four times. I am sorry, but can you let me know if my post to the Cat Health board went through?

sammymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to post in the opinion forum. There is a good thread about fat cats, but for the life of me, I don't see anyway to reply. I was wondering why that site is closed off. Do you have to be a long time member to post there?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You must have 100 posts and be a member for 30 days in the In My Opinion forum. :)

sammymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, as little as I post here, I guess I might have 100 posts 2 or 3 years from now. Ha! Ha!

bwhughes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, that's interesting. I created a new post, my very first, a somewhat long one, with smilies and TWO pictures in it, and it went through with absolutely no delay. Two people responded and then I posted a reply to those two people in the same thread.

A message flashed up onscreen when I submitted it, and I could only read as far as "Because you're new here...." Then the message went away!

So how was I able to post initially with no delay at all, and now my replies to my own thread have to be reviewed?

And how come the message didn't stay up long enough for me to even read it?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The spam filter works in mysterious ways sometimes!!!:lol3: Seriously, though, the fact that your first post had photos and smilies in it "tipped off" the system that you were a possible spammer, so it held your next post and will probably continue to do so until it has decided that enough of your posts have been reviewed and validated by the mods.

I have no idea why the message was on for such a short time.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have been a member now for over a month. Not a ton of posts on my account, but 13 as of right now. I just posted an update to my story and was given the same message, "because your new here....ect" I never even got that message when I first joined and posted those 13 posts! No pic's, smiley's, ect in post. Weird.

adelejackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've made a number of posts over the last 2 or 3 days and had no problems, but just received my first 'waiting to be approved by a moderator' message pop up when I tried to respond to one of the replies to my threads.  Strange!