Waiting For Teddy's Kittens

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all I'm new here and looking for advice my cat teddy is pregnant I thought there were signs of labour yesterday starting around 10am spent a ot of time in her litter tray doing nothing but looked like there was clear mucus from her back end . She is cleaning herself alot and pacing around I thought her vulva was swollen to so I was expecting kittens yestaday or at least last night through the night but still no kittens am I working soon when will they come anyone shed any light on this will be greatly appreciated thankyou x

Claire07x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They normally come 48 hours after the mucus plug, so really could be any time now, but each cat is slightly different. Try make sure someone is home for the labour just so they can watch over and get help if needed (though these things have a way of working out on their own, it's best to be there just in case of any complications).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's great as my family thought I should have rang a vet last night but sounds like I could hang on for another day before I do that if nothing happens. I'm a first time kitty midwife haha. Many thanks xxx

Claire07x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No worries, best of luck with it - I'm sure it'll be fine though! So excited for you! Xxx

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I'm very excited but both of us are new to this it her 1st litter and she's quite young. Will keep you posted xx

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! It does sound like it could be any time! Do you plan on spaying her after this litter?

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I think so xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She does not need vet intervention unless she is pushing for an hour with no success and in distress.

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does not need vet intervention unless she is pushing for an hour with no success and in distress.
I rang the vet this morning and they said the moment there is no need to worry at the moment but I must get back in touch tomorrow if nothing has happened by then

Karahkate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou for the advice . Will take it all on board. Much appreciated xx