Waffle's Transport Problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazy4cats28

I don't know if it will work for you but when I got my cats their soft carriers it made things alot better on all of us. With the normal carriers it would take me atleast 20 minutes to wrestle them in the carrier and now I just toss a treat in and they jump right in. When they're in the car they even seem alot more relaxed. Since the carrier opens from the top or side it makes it easier for me to put my hand in and pet them and they can see out easier. They even love to nap in the carriers at home. I know you said in one of your posts you were thinking of getting a soft carrier. It might be worth a try. I got mine from PetsMart for $30.00 and it was definately worth the money.
Yeah I'm definitely considering getting a softer one. It would probably be a few months before I have the disposable income to do it, but it is definitely on my priority list when the funds aspect ceases to be a problem.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please do not let your cat out of the carrier inside your car, it is extremely dangerous to attempt this. If the cat gets under your brake pedal, or jumps on your shoulder you will have a nasty accident. Keep your cat in the carrier until you arrive at your destination. Use disposable diapers or puppy training pads inside the carrier to soak up any urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Please do not let your cat out of the carrier inside your car, it is extremely dangerous to attempt this. If the cat gets under your brake pedal, or jumps on your shoulder you will have a nasty accident. Keep your cat in the carrier until you arrive at your destination. Use disposable diapers or puppy training pads inside the carrier to soak up any urine.
I didn't mean that I let her out of the crate. I never do that. I just meant that I opened the door to her crate enough to slip my hand in. This seems to calm her down very well. I just reach my hand in at stops and touch her and she generally falls asleep. Letting her outside of the crate to wander is definitely not something I would ever do.