Waffle House

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I think Waffle House is more a southern states kind of chain. We have IHOP which wasn't that impressive. If I want breakfast I'll go to Perkins!!

I've never been to an IHOP though - but we do have Perkins, and when I want breakfast, I agree with Gail, I go to Perkins, they have AWESOME breakfast there!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Waffle House originated in the Atlanta area. They are a dime a dozen up there.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been to one, but have made the drive down to Florida quite a few times and I swear you pass about 40 of them between DC and Florida on 95. My dad informed me that they are gross. We have a few IHOP's which I'm not crazy about, and a Denny's or two. Friendly's is more of a local thing here- good ice cream as well. The one near my house is okay, and has GREAT service, we go for breakfast every other weekend. We also have bickfords- hubby likes the breakfast buffet, I can live without it.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you ever go to IHOP, I recommend the stuffed french toast or the country fried steak skillet..and their butter pecan pancake syrup is TO DIE FOR!!!!!! Yum!!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were in Ohio visiting my sister, there was a Waffle house right by where we were staying, but she said it was a bad place to go so we didn't.
There aren't any around here though. In Davenport we have an IHOP, here we have Village Inn. Both are Yummy!!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's in the rules that if you are Southern and you drink, you must also frequent the nearest Waffle House. I have left the bar for the Awful Waffle many times. Since I don't drink much any more, I rarely go to one unless I am traveling. I know I can can get consistently bad coffee at any of them. I was nervous moving to a town that didn't have one. We now have 2, and I don't go to either one. I suddenly have the urge for many beers and some greasy eggs. This could be bad, it's only 8:20 am.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I think it's in the rules that if you are Southern and you drink, you must also frequent the nearest Waffle House. I have left the bar for the Awful Waffle many times. Since I don't drink much any more, I rarely go to one unless I am traveling. I know I can can get consistently bad coffee at any of them. I was nervous moving to a town that didn't have one. We now have 2, and I don't go to either one. I suddenly have the urge for many beers and some greasy eggs. This could be bad, it's only 8:20 am.
i suspect it's because so few things are open at the time the bar closes