Wacky shelter visitors!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarbB

Worst of all for the disabled girl was that the father planned to let the cat out at his house when his daughter and her cat were visiting him. Not that it is better or worse for the cat to go out at one house or another, but go figure!
It would be worse, though. The cat would be in unfamiliar surroundings. At least you caught this one before he got his hands on that poor cat. Unfortunately he already has his hands on a human girl who probably isn't being treated much better...

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I vulneteer at a shelter, walking dogs. Though I have no nasty stories from there.

I think he's under alot of pressure personally , I know my dad is, it isnt easy raising an autisic son, which I am/ But I DO have an issue with throwing a cat across a room and saying "The cat will not like her because shes disabled and your ruining my daughters dreams",.

Cats can be better then humans in that they never judge another and they do not care if your rich, poor or disabled to the cat she would be a best friend no questions asked , I also think they handle death better then we do, but then again you all know that
I think as a parent he's ruining his own daughters dreams( and 'shutter' maybe even her future
) by acting so stupid and immature. I'm glad you didn't let the cat go with them when he threw it, it means he has no heart for the animal and wants it just for his daughter as a object or plaything.

Personally I think also you should have stated the dangers of an indoor/outdoor cat or/and sujested harness and leash training but that was before he threw it.