Vote for July - Noses and Whiskers and Tongues - Oh My!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was really a difficult choice to make! All the pix were just wonderful!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for Cello... that pic is just amazing! I didn't enter this one since I didn't have a pic that was good enough. I did enter the snuggles one and hope that one will make it. I have yet to have one make the finals though

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on vacation and I didn't realize voting had started. Thank you to all who voted for Pumpkin. I can't believe we made it to the vote, great photos once again.

You know the competition is tough when you don't vote for your own kitty! Shhhhhhh don't tell Pumpkin

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BIG Congratulations to our winners!

1st Place - Imunsie's Cello
2nd Place - Klutchetta's Dennis & Dante
3rd Place - BabyHarley's Harley

This was definitely the toughest one so far - seems to get harder and harder every month because the quality of the photos just keeps getting better and better.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I voted for Cello... that pic is just amazing! I didn't enter this one since I didn't have a pic that was good enough. I did enter the snuggles one and hope that one will make it. I have yet to have one make the finals though
i also voted for Cello! & i've entered a pic of one [or more] of mine in every contest, but never made the finals
however, this month, even if i had made it - i'd've still voted for Cello - fabulous pic!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks also to those who voted for Dennis & Dante. I withdrew them from the other contest, and I promise I will never enter that photo again. LOL. And I'm also glad for Cello - what a cute little tongue! And Harley's nose is sooooo cute!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friends, many people lament not making the finals, so this is not directed at anyone in particular, but I think it's worth saying again that many things go into the selection of the finalists. All of the kitties are wonderful, but some things you need to ask yourself are

[1] Is my entry a high enough quality image to be reproduced well in the calendar? Among other things, that means fairly high resolution. If it isn't, it's not going to make the cut, because there are too many that are very high quality.

[2] Does my entry really fit in with the theme? This is a more subjective decision, but still weighs in the selection to eliminate some otherwise really good entries.

The one is about technical quality; the other about the parameters of the contest. "AWWWWWW value" does not figure in either of them. Beyond that, "AWWWWWW value" does count, and that's when the voting gets difficult, because they're ALL wonderful!

Gotta tell you, I may have got an entry into the finals once -- surprising enough, because I know there are much better photographers than I around here, but sometimes I get lucky and get a half decent picture. But, even though I know the odds of making the cut are pretty slim -- let alone actually placing in the finals! -- it's still fun to let my sweeties have their chance. In the end, it's all for fun...

And...CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GORGEOUS WINNERS!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I just love the winning photos.

I have to thank the mods, for posting the selection criteria again. It will help us all submit better shots and make the selection process even more difficult
. .

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations to the winners
It's so hard to choose because weve got so many gorgeous looking cats on the site

For those that havent made it.............PLEASE, DON'T GIVE UP!!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks so much everyone, I just love that pic of cello, I'll get my siggy changed soon!!

Congrats to all other winners from all months! it's a tough competition