Vomiting foam??

mengleha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month old kitten has been regurgitating white foam. It happened once today at around 7 pm. She was meowing strangely in the bathroom so I ran to see what was wrong and she had heaved up what appeared to be water and some foam. She has been acting normal all day and after the first incident was drinking and eating a little bit. I didn't think anything of it because my friend said her cats do that occasionally. About an hour after that she started to poop pretty frequently (about 3 times in a couple of hours) it appears to be normal poop and not diarrhea, though I'm not really sure what kitty diarrhea looks like. Since then she's been pretty normal and cuddly. Just now (about 2 am) she was meowing loudly again and heaved up the same white foam. Her skin appears to be elastic so I don't think she's dehydrated. It's 2 am and an emergency vet isn't really an option so I am currently waiting it out to see what tomorrow brings. From what I've read the most important thing is to keep her hydrated so I plan on getting some wet food ASAP tomorrow, but she has been drinking throughout the night any tips on what to do or what this could be? Beside the obvious "go to the vet!"??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mengleha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ps: she might be stressed because she has recently been introduced to a new roommate (a chihuahua) could that be upsetting her tummy??

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, her body is trying to get rid of something it doesnt like.  Hence the puking and pooping.   Is there any chemical around the house she could have gotten into.   A 5 month old will ingest things they dont know better yet.   Even some cats eat litter and get into trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mengleha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There aren't any chemicals or plants around the apartment that she could have consumed. Litter is very possible but I was home for the majority of the day keeping an eye on her