Vomiting + defecating motion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well its good that he didn't get the enema in a way. Sometimes this can mess them up for a few days. Hopefully Issy will go soon of his own accord. Lots of fresh water will help to keep his system hydrated. Did your vet mention anything about laxatives such as Miralax or Lactulose? These work by drawing water into the colon which in turn keeps stools soft when cats are constipated. Something you might want to consider having on hand for the next day or two.

Positive vibes for Issy for a complete recovery.
The vet must have consulted with one of her colleagues because no laxative was talked about.  Seems she felt the stool was fairly normal and that lack of bowel pressure is all that he was missing.  He'll be fed with some food that easy on the gastrointestinal system for a few days but it doesn't appear much else will be needed.  He's got to go back in a week for a follow-up.

Water isn't an issue for Izzy.  He's been drinking from the running faucet for over 10 minutes now LOL :)

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, another faucet drinker! Good boy. My big tabby Max also likes to drink from the kitchen tap.

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Izzy had a pretty good night.  He ate food, drank water, did a little pooping on the carpet (straining) but also in the litter box too.  So my wife checks on him this afternoon and noticed a little bile thrown up.  Evidentally he digested his food, however, the vet just mentioned that the anti-nausea shot should be working into this evening.

I'm a little puzzled... maybe he's still a little constipated?  Wonder if he's got a little virus?

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Izzy had a pretty good night.  He ate food, drank water, did a little pooping on the carpet (straining) but also in the litter box too.  So my wife checks on him this afternoon and noticed a little bile thrown up.  Evidentally he digested his food, however, the vet just mentioned that the anti-nausea shot should be working into this evening.

I'm a little puzzled... maybe he's still a little constipated?  Wonder if he's got a little virus?
He may definitely still be a little constipated which is why I suggested the Miralax or Lactulose to have on hand. This helps to keep the stool soft. I would check in with your vet.

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

He may definitely still be a little constipated which is why I suggested the Miralax or Lactulose to have on hand. This helps to keep the stool soft. I would check in with your vet.
yes, I will inquire about it if when I get home I find vomit on the floor

funny thing is he's got a huge appetite, I guess he chowed down food this afternoon... when he was going through his vomit spell the other night he wanted nothing to do with food