Vomiting And Diarrhoea

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, today I was meant to go to the vet my 10 week old kittens 2nd vaccination, however, this morning I saw her vomiting and diarrhoea, so instead, we talked to the veterinarian about it. Recently we've been slowly changing her dry food to something better so we suspect that may be the cause of the upset stomach, the veterinarian gave us a prescription diet to feed her until she feels better. Once I got home I put some of the food there for her to eat but she smelt it not sure if she took a bite or not but straight away proceeded to vomit out saliva and some white saliva looking thing. Was wondering what I can do, should I just leave the food there hoping she will eat it?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take your kitten into the vet tomorrow and have her checked thoroughly. She may have a gut full of parasites, or some other thing that requires his attention. In the mean time, do keep offering her food. Make sure to tell the vet if she doesn't eat before then! That is important, and in kittens can become critical very quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Take your kitten into the vet tomorrow and have her checked thoroughly. She may have a gut full of parasites, or some other thing that requires his attention. In the mean time, do keep offering her food. Make sure to tell the vet if she doesn't eat before then! That is important, and in kittens can become critical very quickly.
I kept offering the bland food the vet offered however, she just seems to dislike wet food, it's not just that she's sick she usually doesn't eat her wet food, so I tried adding a very little amount of her dry food and she ate some of the wet, I placed one piece of her dry food next to her bowl and she ate it so should I keep feeding her the food the vet recommended or the dry food :/ this is confusing lol

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What did the vet say?
Keep mixing the wet with the dry while SLOWLY decreasing the amount of the dry in the mix.

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, after the vet recomenrder Hills I/D diet for my kitten she wouldn’t eat any of the food (she dislikes wet food) so I decided to call the vet and they recommended to try chicken and rice, I quickly made some and gave it to her (she hasn’t been eating much for around 2 days) she ate some of it and was happy for some time (due to family problems I had to move to my uncles place so she’s in a new environment I know it’s bad but can’t be helped) just then (few hours past) I went down to check on her and I saw her vomit the rice in her litter box, it was just white looking like congee (Asian porridge if you search it up you’ll know what it looks it looks like). So she still vomited after eating some bland food, would my best course of action be taking her to emergency (vet closed on Sunday) thanks. Sorry this thread is kinda messy and thanks for your time

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What did the vet say?
Keep mixing the wet with the dry while SLOWLY decreasing the amount of the dry in the mix.
Ended up giving her chicken and rice instead but she vomited some out shortly after in her litter box

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she can eat the dry, go for it. A very wise person on this site once said, "The best cat food is the one your cat can AND WILL eat!"