Vomit everywhere

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our 9 month old neutered male threw up all over the house last night ! He is not vaccinated and neither our 2 of our other cats 4 yr old male 2 yr old female with 5 kitten who are 7 weeks( we have one who is she was adopted last year and is 5 )
I am freaking out because if the kittens, which have been around him a fair bit lately, though not today.
Was large thicker part with hair in it thought maybe mouse ...
But then water with red colour and he just laid around most of the day but had a veryy bloody stool this eve. if any more he will go to vet tomorrow . It could be anything but we did have a stray tom in the basement for a bit but he seemed healthy enough ( he ended up there because he fought with the now sick kitty, about 3 weeks ago maybe 4 ?) we live in a rural area and cat besides ours and the one neighbor cat are rare the stray had been here each if the last few summers but is not the father of the litter.
They are aloud out side but mumma has bern in since I noticed she was pregnant. And she got that way becacsae one of my kids let out on purpose.
Any thoughts on the vomit and blood??

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Could it be GI Ulceration? Better bring him in to the vet quick.

My 7 month old boy also neutered had these symtoms too. His stool is black or tarred and just 2 days ago he vomited dark colored bile like substance which smelled like blood. So I immediately got him to the vet and vet said likely to be GI ulcerations. He got a jab for his vomittng and oral medication.

Now so far no vomittng and I'm monitoring his stool.

Please bring him in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is 2 am here and I have two under ten asleep there dad is another province to see his 98 year old grandma before she passes and an hour plus to closes emergancy vet. So he will have to wait until am but he is abit more up and about this evening so hope he is fine. Feel like I should get blood test to rule out major contagious cat illness.
Did this happen just after your cat was neutered or in a few weeks of ?
Did your Vet mention a possable cause?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is 2 am here and I have two under ten asleep there dad is another province to see his 98 year old grandma before she passes and an hour plus to closes emergancy vet. So he will have to wait until am but he is abit more up and about this evening so hope he is fine. Feel like I should get blood test to rule out major contagious cat illness.
Did this happen just after your cat was neutered or in a few weeks of ?
Did your Vet mention a possable cause?
It's better to have a vet checked on him.

After my boy was neutered, he did not poo for two days and that got me worried and that was how I started to pay attention each time he poo. I noticed that his stool were soft but at the end was watery but dark. Few days later, it was soft but no longer watery at the end but still dark and he vomited twice between 2 and 4am and I took a picture to show to the vet. I also took a picture of his poo too.
Vet asked if there were any change in diet, I said no and asked if he had eaten anything that's not supposed to be eaten. I don't think so but I saw him chasing some roaches and even had one in his mouth but don't thing he ate any of it. But the poo and vomit don't show like of an upset tummy.
Vet suspect could be GI Ulcerations. So he was given medications and now am still continuing to monitor his poo color. Now there's no more vomit and poo not watery.

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby tom hows your cat ? Rudy ,my 8 month old has not been sick again and rather pissed at being stuck inside today has been pretty active. My Vet was happy to wait until monday. So I am still waiting did your Vet ask for a stool sample?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tabby tom hows your cat ? Rudy ,my 8 month old has not been sick again and rather pissed at being stuck inside today has been pretty active. My Vet was happy to wait until monday. So I am still waiting did your Vet ask for a stool sample?
Hi @howmany. My boy has not vomitted since the jab. His stool was a little firmer for a few days but last nite was pretty soft.
No, my vet did not ask for his stool sample. He still have 2 more days of medication to go. Will see what happen after that.
Thanks for asking :)

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey so there has been no more vomiting or bloody stool so we went to vet anyhow, Rudy had parasites (worms in stool sample) and a fever but seems fine besides. We got antibiotics &dewormer for him but no good answers. Unfortunately now I can't take the kittens and there mom in for 2 weeks, I did negotiate for dewormer for morher cat and kittens.
I wish Vet care was more affordable [emoji]128530[/emoji]

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good to hear that there's no more vomittng and bloody stools. Better get all of them de-wormed and vaccinated.
Ya, vet care is not cheap. Guess everywhere is the same. Most important is vets making the right diagnosis and administer the right treatment and medicine.

Last edited:

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is a funny story how we ended up unvaccinatedu cats. We had to older cats and

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And a one year old all with normal vaccines and one that I was very attached to passed away so after a few months we took home a kit that was dump at a barn . he was only four weeks and ill so he ended up at the vet's to young to have vaccinations,twices.
So we put off taking him to be fixed until he was older so at 8 months he ate a button. He would vomit and the stop for a bit then he started up again and it was projectile and smelly. So we went to the vet and tested for diseases came back negative the vet didn't think there was any obstructions ...
Well a few days later still vomiting we went back ( same practice differant vet) and he thought he might feel something , so x-rays were taken and you could see it clearly on the x-ray so when they were going to take the button out I said if he looks like he is going to make it will you please neuter him as well.
He was in for a few days and then he just has never been to the vet again he is a 3000$ cat.
Then we lost our two other cats. the 2 year old had kidney failure and we tried iv fuilds for 3 days to see if they would function again but we lost him and then our 16year old just went down hill we took her in ran a few test tried pain meds for her , but one day she just lay still crying and so she didn't make it. these were all intermixed appointments the two died only 5 days apart,
So one day 5 months later I took a 6 m old home with me from the same farm as the button cat and there never seemed to be a good time to take her in. Unfortunatly she was let out by my 6 year old so we have kittens ; unexpected expenses happened the two months before that heat so I had had to cancell her trip to the vet.
She will be spayed in two weeks[emoji]128578[/emoji]

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah, always expect the unexpected expenses. Now I spend less on myself and save more for my kitty. I have more than I needed and now it's all for my kitty.