Volunteering at the Humane Society

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since I have only one year left of school, I needed something as a reference for work so when I make out my resume, it has some recent job work on it besides "body piercing"
I talked to my aunt who said she would be more than happy to have me volunteer next fall at her shelter. My oldest will be in school all day and my youngest will be in school all morning, I can volunteer for appx 20 hours a week and not have to pay a sitter.
She said I could start asap as they always need people, but summertime for me is way too busy. They won't be able to pay me, but I think doing something there would be payment enough. I don't know, I may start going in on the weekends...

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is great! What a good place to volunteer! I know they can use your help!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Abby-
I posted not tooo long ago that I have been thinking about volunteering at our humane society. I think it's a great idea, I am sure they need alot of help
Good for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I can control myself from bringing all the animals home with me it will go well
I saw on their website they are in need of blankets for the animals. I just recently ran across about 30 baby blankets from my kids..I'm going to take them over tomorrow on our way to yet another baseball practice and game.

weatherlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have fun! Even totally dismissing money, references, and so on, helping improve the lives of the homeless and needy is always a great thing.