=Vogue Kitty= Pics

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We want a digital camera, but whew, we don't want to pay $900 for one
I'll have to do some research and find a decent camera.

Paint Shop Pro is great. I use it and love it. I am still working with version 5, and version 7 is out now. I heard it has many more features.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought the extreme economy model from Wal-Mart for $89. It is nowhere near as sophisticated as Nitecrwlr's, I'm positive. But it is fun to just hook it up to the computer or the tv and see my pictures right away. I guess I'll invest more the next time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by illusion

Paint Shop Pro is great. I use it and love it. I am still working with version 5, and version 7 is out now. I heard it has many more features.
Here is a great place to start looking for a camera that might suit your needs. For those who want to try PaintShopPro 30 day Trial Version can find it here http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp . They have an outstanding redeye feature created especially for pets.

nc

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
I just bought the extreme economy model from Wal-Mart for $89. It is nowhere near as sophisticated as Nitecrwlr's, I'm positive. But it is fun to just hook it up to the computer or the tv and see my pictures right away. I guess I'll invest more the next time.
A few other ideas:

- A polaroid and scanner $140.

- A "quickcam" type camera that will also make movies. $100

bubbles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is between $200 and $300. What is good in that price range. I'll mostly be taking pics inside, and at pretty close range (2-6 ft). What is the best digital camera I can get for my money?

bubbles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have cats, but I love cats, and I'm always looking for ways to fight my allergies! This site is great!

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Bubbles
is between $200 and $300. What is good in that price range. I'll mostly be taking pics inside, and at pretty close range (2-6 ft). What is the best digital camera I can get for my money?
Hi Bubbles

Welcome to the forum. Here is a great start. Olympus D-490 You can find it on ebay for about $290. Here is a review of the camera: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...iew/index.html .

It has movie mode and takes 2.1 megapixel images. Hope this helps!

nc

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by illusion

Here is the link I was talking about.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nitecrwlr....Thanks so much for the info on the cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciated that!!! I hope I can afford one soon....and if I can, I hope you will show me how to use it!!