vocalizing and throwing up

jaccetturo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello again,
Reaching out again with another questions. My cat received an enema a couple days ago with that being said she was very sore, hiding and looked very sad. she came around last night and looked like she was feeling better and her anus looks less red and irrated. Now two days later she was up all night trying to eat any plants and being very vocal to the point of my whole family waking up. she has thrown up many many times today and is looks clear. she is vocalizing a lot like she’s in pain. she hasn’t ate just has been drinking a lot. she been taking a medication that has been upsetting her stomach, which we just stopped giving her two days ago. i don’t know if it’s the medication getting out of her system causing her to continuously throw up or if it’s just an upset stomach. she is also 14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaccetturo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she also gets extremely anxious when going to the vet and i really don’t want her being under extreme stress. she has already been this week

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All cats get anxious at the vet. That’s no excuse to not take her when she needs it. She’s clearly not recovering well from whatever it was she last went in for (no matter how recent that may have been.) She’s not eating, and she’s vomiting repeatedly. I don’t think this is a wait-and-see. At the very least, call the vet. But they’ll probably say just like I’m saying now, there isn’t a lot we can tell you about your cat without seeing her/without an exam. At the very least, she would probably benefit greatly from subcutaneous fluids. Since cats are meant to get their moisture from food, cats who don’t eat can get dehydrated very quickly. Throwing up repeatedly isn’t helping that. And don’t be fooled by her drinking. She would have to drink all day long to make up for what she’s not getting in her food and for what she’s losing to vomiting. Take her in to the vet. Your worry and regret if things get worse will be greater than her anxiety now.