violent behavior

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My domestic house cat is almost 11 months old, we have had him since he was 7 weeks. Lately he's been lashing out at everyone including our kids, hissing, clawing, biting. Well I just had a new baby on Tuesday, baby and I came home from the hospital on Wednesday and ever since I walked through the door with baby he's changed for the worse, every time he sees baby I can see he has all bad intentions. Earlier today he took a swipe at babies face but made no contact and just a couple hours ago I was standing next to baby who was on the couch I was just about to grab baby and the cat came flying across the couch looking really evil so I put my arm up to protect baby and the cat got me instead of the baby thank god. It scared me. I am now looking to re home ASAP but does anyone have opinions on what the issue is and what to do?
I'll attach pic of my arm he got me so good I bruised.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has your cat been neutered? 

Also, cats are creatures of habit and have strong territorial instincts. Big changes like the new baby has upset him. It sounds like you are set in rehoming him but perhaps by researching more on his behavior and finding ways to curb the unacceptable ones, might change your mind? Remember you are his family. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah we had him neutered
I do not trust him. Actually starting to get scared of him. He's been attacking before the baby was born. But for me him trying to attack baby was last straw. My hubby is sad about re homing but me I'm just over it. I love him but not his behavior

Last edited by a moderator: