Vintage Fedoras and Other Headware

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My friends have taken to calling me a "hat wh..."(ouch!) because I have developed a love of the classic fedoras from the past.I recently purchased a vintage 1960`s Resistol stingy brim fedora in NEW/UNWORN condition from a cool vintage clothing site online($60.00)and LOVE it!

Anybody else out there love the classic look/feel of the hats and clothing of yesteryear? There are some great deals out there on ebay and the various vintage/retro clothing/style websites.Just check it out!

HosMan

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've always liked the look of those! However, I will not wear one nowadays as it seems all the guys are wearing them now. It is cool to get an original instead of a cheap copy.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even being a woman, I totally appreciate a good hat. The people of Ohio (yes, I am generalizing) don't seem to really understand hats so I don't wear mine too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not understanding the style and "coolness" of a nice hat is not limited to Ohio I`m afraid.We seem to suffer from that mindset out in California too.

I think one thing that actually hurts us fedora-wearing people is the weenies and wannabes in Hollywood and/or in music videos who either will wear a certain type,or style,of hat as a "look".
Any hat should be worn because it looks nice and compliments the wearer or serves a useful function(protection against weather,sun,etc.)NOT to be "cool"(although a classy fedora can do just that)or start a trend among one`s fanbase.

Too bad more women are`nt getting back into wearing those really classy and feminie hats from the 30`s-60`s.Jackie Kennedy/Onasis,Audrey Hepburn are two female hat icons that come to mind.

Are you on that etsy site? The woman I purchased my vtg fedora from is also on that site.

HosMan

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband started wearing those just recently - just before he gave up 32 years of marriage to me and found himself a girlfriend so understandably I'm not a big fan of hats.
Although to be fair, he looked good in them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yikes!

Well Yosemite,even an ignorant,pathetic man who does`nt realize what a fantastic wife and life parter he has by his side can wear a hat...I guess.

I`m divoriced as well so I can empathize.

HosMan

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Now all you need is a zoot suit...
I was thinking black and white wing tips...

A memory of my maternal grandfather is of his hat. Never left home without it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love hats!!!! Every time I buy a new fancy dress, I buy a hat to go with it. Most of my hats have been custom made at a local milnery. But the place as since closed, and the last one, a decorative headband, I had made at a bridal shop.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love hats too, but I rarely wear them. I would dearly love to get a cloche but I am vegan and most of them are made of wool. I like men's hats too, but I have the same problem with materials there.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh I love hats too! Fedoras look so cool, love 'em! I saw a cute pink hat the other day and desperately wanted it, but DH was with me and nixed the idea.
I wear hats all the time, although mostly just a baseball cap. In winter I'm never without a warm hat, summer usually my cap or occasionally a nice straw one I have.