Vinegar

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Okay, I have to try this. What kind of fries are we talking about here? Like, what thickness? (We don't have a lot of fish and chips places in the center of the US.
)
The thicker the better. I suppose McDonalds fries would be better than no fries, but preferrably home-made type fat fries are best and you really have to have butter on the bread and malt vinegar and salt on the fries. This is not a sandwich for the dieters since it really is best with plain old white bread too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Yes similiar ... I am gluten intolerant and have to be careful where the vinager comes from ... I under no circumstances have white grain vianger as it is wheat or rye based..
Wow, that must be afwul to not be able to eat bread!

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

The thicker the better. I suppose McDonalds fries would be better than no fries, but preferrably home-made type fat fries are best and you really have to have butter on the bread and malt vinegar and salt on the fries. This is not a sandwich for the dieters since it really is best with plain old white bread too.
Oh, there's plenty o' places that serve the thick fries (home fries, we call 'em) around here. It's just that, instead of fish, we serve them with barbecue. Sorry, that's "BBQ."

Besides, I don't do Micky D's.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Oh, there's plenty o' places that serve the thick fries (home fries, we call 'em) around here. It's just that, instead of fish, we serve them with barbecue. Sorry, that's "BBQ."

Besides, I don't do Micky D's.
What we call home fries are usually slices of potatoes or chunks of potatoes fried with onion. I like baked potatoes with my BBQ.

When our daughter first started to walk and talk I brainwashed her and kept telling her Micky D's was junk food and we didn't do junk food.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To reply to everything, if it's just white vinegar, try Basalmic Vinegar. My favorite salad dressing is made with it, you can order Penzy's vinegar and oil dressing base and go from there. It's THE best.
I like to drink pickle juice too, and pepperoncini juice too!
The french fry sandwiches sound yummy!!!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

We were talking about it because...umm...well, I drink pickle juice daily.
(there are more people that do this than myself...honestly!)

Most people think its weird..But vinegar has some good medicinal properties.

Perhaps you are allergic?
I carry a flask of pickle juice with me when I'm working outdoors in the hot hot summer. It helps to replace the sodium lost when you perspire as well as some of the liquids.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All these people who drink pickle juice. I don't feel so bad-maybe I should carry some when I am landscaping outside!!!!