Video clip of BP finally stopping the leak

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The crying one is b/c of the big
mess BP and other companies involved have made in the Gulf.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the only silver lining i see is if God forbid this were to happen again, an oil company will have the experience on how to stop it quicker. instead of 6 weeks or whatever it's been now. silly me thought it would be fixed in 2 weeks max.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's not done yet either. it's a horrible problem. but we should keep in context. people are making it seem like it's going to destroy things forever, and it's not. Oil isn't a pollutant. it's natural. and there are thousands of oil seeps in the gulf alone.

Ixtoc 1, which is many times larger than this, ran for 9 months. in the gulf, and the oil followed the currents and covered 635 miles of texas coast. but you don't even hear about it. it's recovered. it was only 30 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, this is a catastrophe and is horrible for a lot of people. just keep in mind, we'll get through it. it's just going to take time.

footnote. did you know ixtoc 1 was the fault of mexico? and that 635 miles of texas coast the oil landed on? Mexico refused to pay for the cleanup.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, it will recover no doubt, but who will bring back the thousands of animals who have died a horrible death as a result???
It just breaks my heart seeing those oil covered pelicans.