Victoria just had a miscarriage

vempyre=^-^=

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We didn't know that our cat was pregnant.. She had been putting on weight for about six months, so we really couldn't tell. My husband thought she needed exercise so he put her outside. We couldn't find her for over 24 hrs afterwards. This afternoon, she gave birth to fetuses. Unfortunately, we don't have the money for a vet check, so I hope she's given birth to all of them.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I wish you found us under better circumstances.

I'm sorry your poor cat had to go though that. Why don't you start putting a little money aside every week and try to find a low-cost spay clinic in your area so Victoria doesn't have to go though this again?

Not to alarm you, but if Victoria starts to act sick or like she has a fever, please call around to the vets in your area and see if they offer a payment plan. She really should see a vet now and if she starts to exhibit symptoms she would need to be seen right away.

This is a good article to read if you can not afford a vet:

http://www.thecatsite.com/Health/76/...erinarian.html

Good luck and keep us updated on how she is doing.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have a vet check her out ASAP - you don't want her to be retaining anything cause it will cause infection and she could die. Have her spayed now and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

I'm sorry for the loss of the kittens.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you put an unspayed cat outside, she is going to get pregnant pretty quickley. Please don't let her outside at ALL until she is spayed. Start saving up or look around for a low cost clinic. Around here it costs $45 for a female.