Vibes/prayers for my Grandma

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that she is doing better! Who wouldn't get up for potato salad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers for my Grandma. She's continuing to do well and is in good spirits. However, because the surgery, and a subsequent stroke have left her weak and unable to do many things for herself, her doctor feels she'll never be able to return to independent living. Considering her age (she'll be 94 in a few months), this doesn't really come as a surprise. We suspect, although no one's brought up yet, that Grandma already realizes this. Meanwhile, my mom, aunts and uncle are concerned about the quality of care that Grandma has been receiving and are considering moving her to a different facility that would actually be closer to most of the family. So, there are going to be a few challenges ahead as these decision are made. Please keep everyone in your prayers. Thanks!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are tough decisions, Eileen, but sounds like they are in good hands
Your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hard, but maybe it's for the best. I don't know how you raise the subject though - I may have to do that one day with my Mom, who is 92.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to update everyone on how my Grandma's doing. After a lot of discussion and searching for a new retirement center, my mom and aunts found a place where they feel Grandma will receive the care she needs. It's also much closer to many members of our family and just 10 minutes from where I live, so I'm looking forward to visiting often. It's also near to where Grandma used to live and shop. She'll need to be in the nursing unit initially but, with additional therapy, her doctor feels she'll regain some of her independence and can move into assisted living. The big move is tomorrow and Grandma is very excited. Please send some vibes/prayers for stress free move and settling in. Everyone is very happy with Grandma's new home and we're looking forward to celebrating her 94th next month!

Thanks so much for all the prayers and support!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope all goes well and that she is really settled and happy for her birthday.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen, I'm so glad you have found an appropriate facility for your Grandma, and even more pleased to hear that she's excited! That's more than half the battle, and if you can make the move an EVENT, so much the better. These moves are at best traumatic, but when they work out well, can really give the person a new lease on life -- I saw it with my Dad. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and her, and she enjoys her new digs.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
94 years of love....

Lots of positive move vibes coming your dear Grandmother's way.