Vibes/prayers for Cable!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i originally thought that was what started Cable's problem. she's done that before. i found some Sheba [in the square containers] at big lots & bought it for them [didn't read the label - it's basically junk
]. so i stopped feeding it immediately. but it was only a part of the wet. but Firefox?
it's possible she brought it in with her, but her symptoms started after Cable's, so that doesn't really make sense.
Jamie got sick a year or two ago, with vomiting and diarrhea. When I took him to the vet, she told me she had a lot of cats coming in with the same thing, and took a blood sample for testing. The lab said the cats tested positive for human influenza virus. That's supposedly not possible, but viruses mutate, so who knows?

Jamie got shots to settle his stomach, and he seemed fine just a few hours after the first shot. I gave him plain chicken mixed with a little bit of white rice and some cottage cheese, and he managed to keep it down.

toomany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi...just now saw this post....read the whole thing. I am having trouble with soft stools....and wondered what the vet diagnosed this as....can you tell me? And...when you mention a med you got from the vet for diarrhea...can you look at the bottle and tell me what that was....I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT...as I am probably going to have to take Pub in if his stools continue to be soft.

Thanks so much.....looking forward to the information and help.

Toomany

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by toomany

Hi...just now saw this post....read the whole thing. I am having trouble with soft stools....and wondered what the vet diagnosed this as....can you tell me? And...when you mention a med you got from the vet for diarrhea...can you look at the bottle and tell me what that was....I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT...as I am probably going to have to take Pub in if his stools continue to be soft.

Thanks so much.....looking forward to the information and help.

Toomany
the anti-diarrheal is Centrine. there wasn't really a diagnosis - they couldn't pin the symptoms to a cause, so we're just treating the symptoms. i'm also giving her an antibiotic, Metronidazole.

toomany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks...never heard of either of these....so want to ask my vet....b/c all he ever does is give me Clavamox.....

Thanks for the information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Cable had a normal poop today! of course, then she did her little 'i must put a drop of poop in every box' thing, but hey - 1st normal poop i've personally seen in a week!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by toomany

thanks...never heard of either of these....so want to ask my vet....b/c all he ever does is give me Clavamox.....

Thanks for the information.
I send hugs and kisses to your kitty, and prayers for wellness.