Vibes needed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Lots of vibes continuing to head his way!

It is normal for a cat to take a long time to wake up after being sedated. Especially if they used Ketaset. So please do not worry! Just ask that the vet give him some reversal to wake him up- you could ask that they give him a shot of Yobine.
It works pretty well! We use it at the shelter all the time to help the kitties wake up when they're out pretty deep.

Please try not to worry though- i'm sure he'll be ok!
His little mouth is going to be really sore when you get him home- just try and keep him comfortable. Ask for a pain medication, like Metacam to help.

If Cello's diarrhea isn't any better soon you may want to ask the vet about giving him some Flagyl. That should help! They can also have a very small dose of imodium- but check with your vet first to make sure it's ok.

When mine have stomach issues- i mix in a pinch of canned pumpkin and some metamucil (sp?) powder in some baked chicken/rice and that always helps! Good luck
Thanks Nikki. He is spending the night. We called back and they said he wasn't ready to come home. It's better this way b/c they can give him the meds he needs and we have workers coming here tomorrow.
They are going to give us a pain medicine that begins with a B.(bubenex?)

I have been debating about the canned pumpkin. We have 4 32oz cans and I don't want to open them just to have him turn his nose up. I was giving him plain yogart but I accidently dropped it down the drain. LoL

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You for all the vibes! Connor is now home. He was so excited to see us. He won't open his mouth for me but I did see his right fang still there. LoL I guess we should have asked how many are left.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
JinJin has only one fang...every now and then she does an Elvis Lip!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Mom saw more teeth in the front. He was able to eat treats this morning too. He is eating like a horse. Mom is trying to feed his sister but he eats the food before she gets there.