Vibes needed please - Pebbles is having her leg amputated tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the saga that is Pebbles's leg isn't over. Dropped her off at 8.30, and got them to weigh her - she has gone up to 4.23, which is very bizarre as she has never weighed that much while I have owned her, and she was 3.63 two weeks ago. But the strangest thign was that I was so calm about it (although the vets might think I am odd, as I took a t-shirt, pair of socks and a weeks worth of food with me!!) - the poor receptionist was squirming while checking I knew what was going to happen. At 1.50 the vet rang, which was a bizarre time, and explained that they had had 2 emergencies, so she wouldn't have time to do it, so she was going to keep her overnight, and do the op tomorrow, so by lunch time tomorrow, I will know how things have gone on. Also means that I can't pick her up till Fri. So, can I be cheeky and ask for more vibes tomorrow please?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you got any finger nails left? I would be a nervous wreck by now. Lots of vibes coming your way.
Anne

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anakat - I have never bit my nails, and my long nails are something I am very proud of, and hate breaking one!! I am surprised at how calm about it all I am, esp seeing as how long this has all taken - I checked my diary yesterday, and when I picked her up, the vet nurse said that there shouldnt be any further probs with that leg - and look at the month we have had (it is 4 weeks and 2 days since her first op, 4 weeks and 3 days since she first started with issues). And while the op will sort out the issues we have had for the past month, it brings new issues, so this isn't even the end of things for us. I am sure things like this make us a better person.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Have you got any finger nails left? I would be a nervous wreck by now. Lots of vibes coming your way.
Anne
i would be very upset, as well, having prepared myself for today...but sure, vibes & prayers for tomorrow, now!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please have them provide Pebbles with a Pain patch - that way you will not have to give her pain meds and it will also lessen the stress on you and baby girl.

I am constantly thing about her and sending you both healing prayer.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my...a delay.

I would ask the vet about using a pain patch post surgery.
That is a good idea.

I have heard many positive things about kitties who thrive after amputation...
hopefully soon after a rapid and uneventful healing, Pebbles will thrive too.

Of course you and Pebbles remain in my prayers.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Pebbles has to stay at the vet longer!

I am still sending vibes....I am sure everything will go just fine tomorrow & soon you will have a healthy Pebbles racing around your home again...

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Best of luck to Pebbles! My prayers are with you! I'm sure she'll feel much better after it's all over with. Hopefully this will put her on the fast-track to healing and getting this problem in the past. Sending lots of good vibes to you and Pebbles!!!!
Keep us updated!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..... continuous vibes coming Pebbles way {{{hugs}}} for you

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks a lot everyone, I am sure with all these vibes she will sail through it. I dont know if we have pain patches in the UK, I have never heard of them - and am useless at remembering to ask the vet questions, I have to write them all down, and my friend laughed at me once when I pulled my list out to check I hadn't forgot anything!! I wont be able to post until late evening (am getting two new fosters tomorrow as well!!), but will let you all know.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending more {{{prayers & vibes}}} for Pebbles' successful op & speedy recovery. And calming vibes for BookTigger- wow, a post-op patient AND 2 new fosters, our prayers are definitely with you!