Vibes for Valentino please

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - his teeth bug him - did the vet feed him differently than you? I mean - not the food, but different type of bowl, raised the bowl, etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't think of that Nat - although he has had quite a few different bowls here, as that is the first thing I thought of. however, when I nipped home at lunch he had eaten everthing, even a few biscuits, so I topped him up, and he had eaten all by the time I got home. All in all, he managed 4.5 pouches (and prob would have had more if I had let him), plus two lots of biscuits and some cat milk and a bit of chicken - so he is certainly feeling better!! I just can't work out if he is making up for lost time, or if he is indeed hyper-t - but we will know today. He is a lot happier in himself, although growled when I picked him up. The only problem is medicating him, he wont let me open his mouth.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sending vibes he keeps getting better

as for getting the food in his mouth its kinda like an art lol, at first i used to put a big towel on the floor and wrap him up like a baby and make sure his claws were tucked in, i would hold him firmly and just pry his mouth open with my fingers and get the pill of drops in, right after that hold his mouth close tip it upward and rub under his chin and neck area, hopefully that will help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thryoid results are back showing he is hyper-t, my vet wasn't in, so I just got a quick message telling me in case I wanted to start meds asap, i will get to speak to the vet on Mon, as obviously I have some questions, but I will be doing some research this weekend. The operation is definitely out of the question, and I want to see what his kidney levels were, as there is a chance that once he is stablised, that they will get worse.