Vibes for Susie's (kittylover4ever) tests

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Over the years I have had 3 of these Susie...
The prep is the worst but at least no one can say that you are "full of s___t."

Vibes coming your way that you get your strength back quickly and the results from the test are negative.

In this case, negative is a good thing.

Im so glad things went well for your, Susie

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading this thread last night! So glad your home but sad they didn't find the cause of your problems.

*hugs*

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Vibes and prayers coming your way from Michigan!
Awe.. I wanted to be the one from Michigan!!!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, like everyone says, this prep stuff is yucky, so I hope this is worse than the actual procedures! The stuff I had to drink taste like vomit and I'vebeen up all night in the potty........not fun, not fun at all!
I was going to say think of all the weight you are going to lose from this, but then you already said you lost 6 lbs!!

Hi guys......its me..........well, the doc said all looks fine. I made it through the procedure ok..........they gave me an iv and gave me some drugs to loop me up......well, I remember most of what they did, so I was aware, but like in a "I don't care" state of mind.........the throat thing wasn't bad, and didn't last long at all........and the colonoscopy was fine too.......little discomfort when pressing, but no pain..........

I gotta tell ya though...........afterwards when Jerry was brought back, the nurse asked me if I had passed any gas yet. I told her no. Well, she told me she needed me too!
She told me to curl up on my left side in the fetal position and try! I thought, ok, here goes nothing. Well, Jerry said he was so proud of me, that my passing of gas was better than any of the guys at the firestation could have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, he told me to make an appt with him for a month from now and we'll talk about things as far as my pains are going........I'm dissappointed that he didn't find anything, because I so want to know the source and get rid of it.

But I am SOOO glad it was over.......if any of you need either one of those tests, don't worry. The prep stinks, but the tests themselves are nothing.

I made it though with all the love and concern from you guys.........what would I do without my extended family here!:

Oh, and on the way home, we stopped at Bob Evans and I had a pork loin dinner that was yuummmmyyy!
Congrats on making it through without extra discomfort or any complications, I really hope that they can find out what is causing your problems and that you continue to toot well! I mean. to get well!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad everything went OK, Susie, and that it wasn't too terribly awful. Good that no nasties were found, but also frustrating that you still don't have answers.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Glad everything went OK, Susie, and that it wasn't too terribly awful. Good that no nasties were found, but also frustrating that you still don't have answers.
Thanks Frannie........yes, a mixed, bittersweet blessing!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to read that they colonscopy went well. You have other tests scheduled?? Has anyone suggested an elimination diet to see if it is a certain food that cld be bothering you.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Good to read that they colonscopy went well. You have other tests scheduled?? Has anyone suggested an elimination diet to see if it is a certain food that cld be bothering you.
No, no one has suggested that yet..........I have an appt with the gastro doc in 4 weeks to talk over other tests to find the cause of my pains......

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I still say celiac disease.... http://www.celiac.org/ read some of these symptons, and see if it fits....
Celiac's disease is something that I am really comfortable understanding. I tend to make a lot of gluten free things, so if you need any advice let me know.

Have you started switching your diet yet to see if it helps?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a lot of celiac cookbooks, because I went through a number of years where I was allergic to wheat (along with a ton of other stuff) and had to follow a modified (modified in that I couldn't eat some of the stuff they could) diet! I got to be a whiz at making bread and buns out of rice flour, etc.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Celiac's disease is something that I am really comfortable understanding. I tend to make a lot of gluten free things, so if you need any advice let me know.

Have you started switching your diet yet to see if it helps?
She does have a LOT of symptoms of it, doesn't she???? And it is not very often diagnosed.... you have to figure it out for yourself...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

She does have a LOT of symptoms of it, doesn't she???? And it is not very often diagnosed.... you have to figure it out for yourself...
I've also met a lot of women recently who after menopause developed sensitivity to gluten. It's not all that uncommon. I just wish for people's sake they could develop a blood test for it rather than put them though the testing that she had. It would make life a lot easier.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I teach students with autism, and have had many kids who were on the gluten free diet...for some, I saw a difference, and in others, not so much.

Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of your symptoms soon, so you can feel better!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never mentioned that to any doctor, but perhaps I will. I haven't taken the time to read about it, so not sure what it's about, but I will..........

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, official word from the gastro doc today. Biopsy of my tummy came back fine. He said no bacteria found, (which is what he was looking for), a little irritation, and for me to come back in a month to talk about my pains. So, although I'm so glad he didn't find anyting wrong, I still am no closer to finding out the source of my pains!! ARGGHH!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, official word from the gastro doc today. Biopsy of my tummy came back fine. He said no bacteria found, (which is what he was looking for), a little irritation, and for me to come back in a month to talk about my pains. So, although I'm so glad he didn't find anyting wrong, I still am no closer to finding out the source of my pains!! ARGGHH!!
I'm sorry they still haven't found out whats causing your pains, but at least they didn't find anything serious!