Vibes for Spencer and Katie (My new kids)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to the vet and they will be able to spay/neuter Spence and Katie on Thursday before I bring them home that evening after work!

Given that they were unsure as to their exact ages, and they say anywhere between 4 and 6 months of age, I didn't want to end up with a pregnant kitten when I got them home and waiting to take them back for spay/neuter in 2 months or so! They told me that they would not spay if pregnant.

All of their baby teeth are not in yet, but they feel they are old enough to be altered before I take them home.

I asked about a microchip and they said it was extra, but they do do Humane Society ear tattoos free of charge! I was grateful for that because I actually prefer the ear tattoos to a microchip.... and so does my vet because it is visible to the naked eye and there is no doubt about the pet owns someone
unlike a hidden microchip. So they are getting ear tattoos

I am going to get a litter box, kitten food, and some wet cat food tomorrow. Kitten proofing my cable wires tonight and tomorrow night, picking them up on Thursday.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that it all goes well, wow ear tattoos sound like a fab idea because they are visible and not all people would think to get them checked for a microchip.x

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I just talked to the vet and they will be able to spay/neuter Spence and Katie on Thursday before I bring them home that evening after work!

Given that they were unsure as to their exact ages, and they say anywhere between 4 and 6 months of age, I didn't want to end up with a pregnant kitten when I got them home and waiting to take them back for spay/neuter in 2 months or so! They told me that they would not spay if pregnant.

All of their baby teeth are not in yet, but they feel they are old enough to be altered before I take them home.

I asked about a microchip and they said it was extra, but they do do Humane Society ear tattoos free of charge! I was grateful for that because I actually prefer the ear tattoos to a microchip.... and so does my vet because it is visible to the naked eye and there is no doubt about the pet owns someone
unlike a hidden microchip. So they are getting ear tattoos

I am going to get a litter box, kitten food, and some wet cat food tomorrow. Kitten proofing my cable wires tonight and tomorrow night, picking them up on Thursday.
That's so great that your kittens are coming home Thursday. You must be so excited!

Just curious shouldn't at 4-6 months old they have all their baby teeth and begin getting their adult teeth? Midnight came here with 4 baby fangs, no other teeth, he was 3 weeks old. When he was 8 weeks old all his other baby teeth came in. He's 5 months now, and losing his baby teeth.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Glad they are able to do the spay/neuter before you take them home. Best of luck for all of you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

When he was 8 weeks old all his other baby teeth came in. He's 5 months now, and losing his baby teeth.
That might be what they meant: That they still have some of their baby teeth.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They told me that they would not spay if pregnant.
Best of luck to all of you!

Posted your quote because my vet spays even if cat is pregnant. Is my vet doing something wrong?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Best of luck to all of you!

Posted your quote because my vet spays even if cat is pregnant. Is my vet doing something wrong?
No. Not wrong. Not sure of my vets reasoning. I think it has to do with "morals" and/or the fact that there is more blood flow to the uterus when the cat is pregnant, increasing the risk of blood loss.

I do know that while some vets will spay when the cat is pregnant, not all of them will. It just so happens that mine won't.