Vibes for Rosie please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have spoken to the vet yet again today (that makes every day this week so far, and she is the only one to have seen her and know the full extent of her test results, as I have never posted those either, so the best person for advice), who has said that the meds should make a difference by tomorrow, and if htey dont, she wants to see her again. I have decided that if she is still not drinking by herself tomorrow, and her eating habits haven't improved, then tomorrow will be her final visit, she will have had ab's for the best part of a week then (apart from the one I found spat out, and the day she was sick), and if she still has an infection, I am not being fair to her, as we dont know where this infection is to try and do anything else to treat it. I hope that there is a difference, so we can have some more time, I didn't want to have to go through this again so soon.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've just been reading all of your threads and am so sorry that Rosie is so sick, I hope everything will be alright, you have been giving her such good care. My prayers go out to you both.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yesterday she had a good day, so the vet visit was cancelled, but we have had a bad night since I got home, i found some food she liked this mornign, and was all ready to go and get some more, but though I would give her the other half a tin before I did, and she decided she didn't really want to eat, and the amoutn she has weeed today is unbelieveable. I went to check her for dehydration, and she was very annoyed with that, and went for me (fortunately, her teeth aren't sharp at all), and has snapped at the ohter cats tonight. There is also a faint wee smell from her and her bed (I did think I smelt it on her the other day, but the bed was dry, so I thought I was imagining things - she has weed in her bed and slept in it before), and I Think she has got to the stage where she is weeing so much she can't drink enough to keep herself hydrated, nor can she get comfy, as she is sleepig in odd places that she has never bothered with in the 3 months I have had her. Unless things magically improve this weekend, she will be going up on Mon, and if the vet advises it, it will be her final visit, I do feel as though it is time now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you know her best.
that's such a hard decision, but it sounds like you're making all the right choices for her. sending & that she feel as well as possible!

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You'll know in your heart when it's time, I feel for you. I know what its like. You have done everything in your power to help little Rosie. Your both in my prayers.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys - sadly I know exactly how hard this decision is, it is only 7 months since I last had to do it, and have been there at the end with 2 other animals this year (neither mine, although I got to sign the consent form both times). I wanted to buy her the summer, but it obviously wasnt' meant to be. At least she got the end of her life in a home environment rather than in a rescue though, this is why I take the oldies on.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to do it twice with younger Cats since Dec. Sorry you have to do it again. I also had to have Stripe Pts from Crf after we tried everything. Its the hardest thing to do.