Vibes for Peanut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baby cat is doing so well the vet is comfortable releasing her a day early

Just waiting on the paperwork!

No news on rX diet yet since the urine and stone analysis hasn't made it back.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cazlee

Baby cat is doing so well the vet is comfortable releasing her a day early
That's great

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I lied.

Not really, I just hadn't actually spoken to the vet yet at my last post. She's going to be on the w/D until the stone analysis comes back.

The c/D has apparently replaced the x/D since the last time I had to research food for stone-prone kitties, so it'll probably be the c/D after all is said and done. I'm just going to do what the dr. orders.
I need my best friend.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
w/d? What on earth for? That's for cats with diabetes or obesity.

yes, the c/d multicare is made to keep the urine properly balanced to prevent both struvite and oxalate crystals.

Hills does not make the x/d any more, but it was for oxalate, not struvite. the s/d is meant for short term use, to help dissolve struvite, and once the urine is clear, the cat is put on c/d for life.

With as serious as your girl's problem was, I would never feed her anything else, ever. She can be on the c/d right now, since it is for both issues.

Is she home now?

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi otto!

It puzzled me slightly too because I honestly expected c/D or x/D before knowing they discontinued the x/D diet! I couldn't remember what the w/D was for off the top of my head. I plan on asking for more details tomorrow ... I was honestly wrapped up in being there with her. She is home, resting and recouping. Her BFF Moo insisted on a visit to kiss on her, so I supervised that then kicked Moo out to let Peanut rest. I assume it's a "stop-gap" until they know the make-up of the crystals and get a detailed urine culture back, because the vet did express she'll make a final decision on diet recommendations once she knows if they're struvite or calcium oxalate. She's not diabetic, or seriously over weight, but could stand to lose another pound. She's of a smaller build and weighed 13-ish lbs at her heaviest. She's at 11.something right now.

On the other hand, I was reading that the c/D successfully controls both types. Since she has had all possible stones removed and post-op x-ray to double check their work, I do wonder? But there is time to ask these questions, I'm blessed that my biggest worry right now is food!

Any insight that anyone might provide is truly appreciated!

BTW I truly thank everyone that has been following Peanut's crisis! It means alot!

aaand here is her coming home picture. I'm so lame. I just love her so much <3

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet herself wasn't in today to question the rX but the tech sent me home with c/D. The tech probably typed up the instructions, didn't want to admit a mistake and probably rushed off to fix it as soon as I left, lol.