Vibes for my sister

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plenty of vibes and prayers for your sister's health!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

As some of you know, I work for a medical association for pathologists. So I have access to a LOT of information about lab tests. I asked my sister to let me know what test, exactly, had been ordered. She gave it to me, and I was able to do some research with the help of my two best friends, both of whom are medical technologists. The tests that were ordered are to find out what type of leukemia it is, and what stage it's in. They wouldn't have ordered them unless they were pretty sure she had some sort of leukemia. The test they're running indicates that they believe it's a pretty controlable (if not curable) type, so I'm hoping the result comes up positive.

I haven't discussed what I've found out with the rest of my family...they should hear it from the doctor. I'm glad that I know this, though, so can brace myself and learn a bit about it and hopefully be able to help them understand it all.

My sister has also been remembering more of her phone conversation with the hematologist, and she's saying now that she's pretty sure the hematologist said she does have leukemia, not that she might have it. I'm absolutely furious with the hematologist that she would choose to break this kind of news to a patient over the phone while they were at work!

My sister's next appointment with the hematologist is on January 27. She has asked me to go with her and to act as her advocate in dealing with her treatment. (Since I deal with so many doctors all the time I've learned how to be assertive with them...the rest of my family still has trouble with that.)The first order of business may be to find her a new hematologist.

Thanks, everyone!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you need to talk about it you can pm me.
My husband has leukemia.
Has she had ct scans and bone marrow tests?
Would you like to join the cancer and leukemia group?
They are very helpful.Prayers for your sister.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tari thats a lot on your plate right now. Sending lots of prayers, vibes and hugs your way, in dealing with this and in helping your Sis deal with this, too.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many more
& for your sister, you, & your family, too.
I hope they're able to treat her leukemia.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Prayers for your sister that all goes well. How stressful for your whole family.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how incredibly scary. I am so sorry your sister is going through this. Sending many healthy vibes for her..