Vibes for my sister please

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers are with you and your family. I have walked that road before, and the decision to leave is never an easy one - sometimes precisely because we want to think we're stronger than that. But abuse is abuse, and should not be tolerated, especially when children are involved.
You are doing a fantastic job of supporting your sister thru this very difficult time
If not for my church (I'm an only child and lived far from any family) I am sure my separation would have been impossible for me to deal with. Seniority is NOT a consideration in their eyes: encourage her to talk with her pastor about her needs. I have every confidence they will be met and exceeded.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww Natalie. I'm sorry to hear your sister is going through these trying times. Like Tammy said, verbal abuse can eventually lead to physical. So, I think she's making the right decision to get herself and the girls out now....while it's not too late. Sending many vibes your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just got off the phone with her and I guess he snapped at my 6 year old niece, and so my sister had to tell him. She said it felt like the right time..she wasn't angry and didn't even cry..she just looked him in the eyes and said its over..and he said "fine !@#$ good riddance..Christmas is cancelled"

She is hoping that once he calms down, he will take back the cancelled Christmas part because that would be just devastating for the kids.

I'm proud of her, I hope she sticks to her guns.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope so, too, Natalie. There will never be a "good" time, of course, so best to take what feels like the right time, and just make the best of it. It won't be easy, but at least she's embarked on this journey in a calm manner, and with as much control as is possible. She's more than a little fortunate to have you in her life right now. Strength to both of you.