Vibes for my Sister-In-Law please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She called me today. She is scheduled for surgery on Monday at 11:30 am.

They are going to remove that 8 cm lymph node and explore if there is any vascular involvement with the vessels from the kidney and/or the aorta. Plus they are going to see if there are other nodes involved.

She sure could use all of the TCS vibes that you can all muster up!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Goodness.. one thing after another has been hitting that poor woman for a number of years. I'm so sorry to hear the news about the cancer.. that is just devastating. But I know she's especially lucky to have you as such a caring family member & friend.

Sending out prayers & vibes her way.. especially on Monday! You keep us updated and remember to take care of yourself too!
Maybe it would keep her spirits up to know that a community of crazy cat ladies (with the crazy cat men of course!) are rallying for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is finally going in for surgery this morning!

When her surgeon told her that he had no idea how long it would take to get her into an OR, she started making phone calls. She talked to someone at our health authority here and the next day, Friday, she got a call from the surgeon's office telling her that she was scheduled for April 6th. The girl said she would call back that evening to confirm.

Friday evening came and went, no phone call.

Bonnie isn't well, and she needs her sleep, so when she goes to bed she turns the phone ringer off. She woke up on Saturday to a message from the surgeon's secretary asking her to phone her and she left her cell and home phone numbers. Bonnie phoned both and left messages on both. That afternoon she still hadn't heard from her so she called and left messages again. She did the same thing that evening. His secretary never called her back.

On Sunday morning she called those 2 numbers again and again left messages. At 12:30 pm the girl finally called her. She told Bonnie that because she hadn't been able to get hold of her all weekend to confirm the OR time, that she had to cancel Bonnie and put someone else into her OR time!!!!!

The girl never stated what she wanted to talk to Bonnie about. She just said "call me back" and left 2 phone numbers which Bonnie had left messages at 4 times, and the girl never called back! When Bonnie pointed that out the girl said "Well, I was in the office all day on Saturday making changes." She never once told Bonnie to call her at the office!

All she had to do when she left that first message for Bonnie was to say "Call me to confirm the time" and Bonnie would have left confirmation when she called and left 4 messages.

She felt she was being jerked around by that girl, and I tend to agree. So she once again called our health authority and threatened to go to the media about it if something wasn't done.

She got a call on Friday last week saying that her OR is booked for sure for today.

I'm working today but will go and see her on my lunch and stay a couple hours after work to sit with her.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg, how awful
Your poor SIL just can't catch a break can she.

Lots of for her surgery today.