Vibes for my Mom

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oy! Your mom ( and your family) have been through a lot. I almost lost my Dad in 1982 to an aortic dissection. He was 62 years old. He lived another 15 years - shtark v' eisen - he used to tell us ( strong as iron).

Sigh.... all my best to you and your family and lots of good vibes for your mother's recovery so she can enjoy all the simchas (happy occasions) you have planned.

(English translations of the Yiddish for those who didn't speak it growing up.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Oy! Your mom ( and your family) have been through a lot. I almost lost my Dad in 1982 to an aortic dissection. He was 62 years old. He lived another 15 years - shtark v' eisen - he used to tell us ( strong as iron).

Sigh.... all my best to you and your family and lots of good vibes for your mother's recovery so she can enjoy all the simchas (happy occasions) you have planned.

(English translations of the Yiddish for those who didn't speak it growing up.)
Thanks and I know that you know that I do understand Yiddish/Hebrew. My Mom was born in Bavaria in 1920 and came to the US when she was 5. If the word is for a teem of endearment, or one for wurst, then I know it.

trixshar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wishing recovery & good health for you Mom. I also live in California - Bay Area and just moved my 92-year-old Mother out from Massachusetts. Although there will be adjustment issues, it is such a weight off me, not to worry about her all the time, so far away.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...your mom has been through a lot. Bless her heart!
My mom and I were suppose to go to Germany in April to visit family, but she didn't make it. She told me we would go.

Just try to stay strong. My mom was much like yours. Very worn down and very sick, but she knew she was dying and so did I. I had hope that she would make it, but then all her other organs started shutting down. She truly did not deserve months of suffering.

My mom always said that we must stay strong and follow through no matter what. Hang in there.