Vibes for my mom please

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

BTW does anyone know if I get the name of mom's physician would she tak to me??
It depends on the privacy policy. I called my husband's doctor once and they refused to speak to me until my husband said it was OK!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prayers for your Mom, Gail. Hope this turns out to be something straightforward and easily treatable. And prayers, too, for patience with your sister -- stuff like that just makes an already stressful situation that much worse.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gail, I hope whatever turns up on the scan, if anything, isn't serious.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh Gail, here's to a great report and that it's just nothing - maybe a change of seasons. I do know how nerve-wracking that waiting period can be. I know you to be a strong, courageous woman and your family is so lucky to have you. Hang in there,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Mom called the Drs office today and all the tests done are "normal". I thought they would be. My sis spoke to some of the team doc's on campus and they agreed with our ideas of mom not drinking enough fluids and that she should gain some weight-about 10 # (she can have some of mine!!). Mom and dad are flying out in a week to vist my sister for 3 weeks-perhaps she can fatten both of them up.
Thanks everyone for their concern.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your mom? Mine is 93 and has had dizzy spells for thirty years. Now she gets them about once a month and sometimes it is only a few minutes, sometimes she has to stay in bed for two or more days. She has had loads of tests over the years but no one can find out what is wrong. Whenever a doctor says he/she knows the answer and treats it, it comes back a month or two later. The best time was when a physiotherapist said it was a trapped nerve and gave her a course of neck massages, but the benefit only lasted six months. She has come tot he conclusion that it is an inner ear balance problem, maybe caused by build-ups of fluid, but that is only a guess and based on some web research that I did. Whatever, I hope that your mom gets better soon.