Vibes for my Husband Please :(

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's just as you said: if it's filled with fluid, they can tell that in an ultrasound, and they know it's not cancer, but maybe a cyst of some type. There may be other things they can identify that would rule it out, too. But "not cancer" is good enough for me!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whew, that's a relief! Definitely go back to the doctor with him. I always get DH to come with me to my cardiologist appointments, because I ask a lot of questions, but having an extra person to also think of questions, and to help remember what the doc says is really useful!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
cancer cells have a very specific look, from what i understand... when my mom had her breast cancer, they showed her the film. she said it looked like the pix she had seen of cancer cells - lots of tendrils, etc.
i just had my yearly scan, & there were 2 lumps - but they were both old ones [had them last time, no change]. doctor showed me the films side by side, so that i could see the size & location were the same. mine looked like small white spots on the film - round, in other words.
here's a link to a pic of a breast cancer cell: breast cancer cell

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Late to this thread, but adding my that this is not serious. It is encouraging that the only word at this point is "not cancer".