Vibes for my father please

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father, who has dementia and is in full time nursing care, had a fall yesterday and fractured his hip. He is being operated on today, and the surgeon told my sister there is an 80% chance of restoring pain-free mobility. She visited him last night and told me he is very confused and upset, though the nurses are doing all they can. But he is 96 and recognises no-one. My mother, also 96, is going home today from my brother's house, where she has been spending Christmas, and she is of course very worried. Spare a few vibes for them if you can, it is going to be a difficult time.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Difficult time coming up. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, and hope that his recovery goes smoothly. Sending many for all of you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Jenny, I'm sorry to hear that. Mega for your father and the rest of the family.
that all goes well.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear this, Jenny. It's a tough situation all around.

Lots of coming your way.

C

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to hear this hun, I have worked in a care home and dementia is terrible, I pray that he comes through the operation and regains his mobility. From previous experiences it is usually a success. x

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny I am so sorry to hear this.

In 07, my mother, who had alzheimers fell and broke her hip also. Had the surgery to repair it.

I will send up some prayers for him.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh dear Jenny sorry to hear this, sending loads of his way and thinking of you and your family. x

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I know how hard it is to have a parent with dementia. for a pain-free recovery.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping the surgery goes well, its tough with his age and his condition. I hope you and your family can provide comfort for him.