Vibes for my Dad

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you good vibes. My mom was hospitalized one week ago for pneumonia as a precaution -no temp though.

Hopefully they can bring his temp down and get his blood sugar under control.

Take care..............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all.
Your vibes are helping already.

I finally got a hold of my mom. (She has a cell, but turns it on to make a call, then turns it off again.
).

My dad is NOT in intensive care. My sister's message freaked me out. But he's responding to the treatment for the pneumonia, and his fever is down to 101.

The problem is his blood sugar levels. They're all over the map. Anything over 240 and you run the risk of ketoacidosis - basically the risk of a coma. He can measure 120 (good) - then just a couple hours later he'll be at 400.

They won't release him until his blood sugar is more stable. My parents live in a condo in an active retirement community. When he returns, he won't be going home, he'll be going into the skilled nursing section (more like a traditional nursing home).

Strange Wings, thanks for that info. I'll get it to my mom, and I'm sure they'll check.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why all at once do these things happen???!!! I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. He has beaten the odds his whole life long, and this will be no different. He sounds like a very strong man and has a great will to live. I sure hope you get more information on the hospital, etc. tonight, as I am sure you will. Mega for you dad and Mega
for you Laurie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It never rains, does it, Laurie? Glad to hear your Dad is doing better, and sending many that that trend continues and his blood sugar stabilizes very soon. And many
for you, as you deal with yet another thing.