• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purity

Any news for you on the job front?
Thanks for your vibes

Nope... not a sausage. I was busy last week with interviews/appointments and now it's all quiet. Half of the City seems to be on holiday atm ... I am trying to relax and make the most of my time off but it's hard cos I can't really spend toooo much money just in case I don't find anything come September time.... it's all blah!
But anyway, I just applied for two jobs today at telecommunications companies in London - I worked for a telecoms company so hopefully I should at least get an interview based on my experience. At this stage, I am willing to take 3 month contracts because it's all a bit of experience plus some can turn into perm. jobs. I am also getting fed up of sitting in my pyjamas all morning...

Anyway, I shall shut up now!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gilly,

I am happy to see that your father made it through your surgery O.K.
I hope he continues to make great progress with little pain

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from visiting dad in the hospital.... lol He is up and darting about on his zimmaframe already! I can't believe it was only yesterday he had his knee done yet today he looks like he did when I saw him on Sunday (apart from this massive bandage on his knee of course!)

The psysio lady said that he was doing really well, but he should take it easy and not try and push things too much. It's really strange seeing my dad with a zimmaframe though... hard to get used to.

Thanks everyone again

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It good to hear that your dad is doing so well Gilly. It sounds like he's racing around the ward!

I hope he continues to do well. Good vibes for your job hunting too - I hope it goes well.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Gilly,

Sounds like you're going to have time keeping up with your father. Glad his surgery went so well.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You never guess what? Mr Speedy on his crutches came home today! He only went in on Monday and was expected to be there for 9 days but he has progressed so well that he was allowed home!

I went to meet him with mum and helped him out of the hospital to the car with his little bag of medication and crutches etc. When we got home the physio lady turned up.... OMG! She re-arranged my parents house from top to bottom! She rolled up most of the rugs, moved the coffee table, put a commode on top of the toilet
put lots of pillows under the arm chair so that he can sit at a 90 degree angle and she also moved stuff in his computer room around!
My mums face was priceless!

She said that he will be on crutches for 3 months and has to take things easy, but the main thing is to do his exercises and take care getting up and down the stairs. I am really proud of him as he is a big man yet he is learning fast to get around putting his weight correctly on the crutches and his new knee!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to hear everything went well. Hope he's feeling like himself real soon!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gilly...Your description of the "physio lady" had me cracking up...she sounds like a character out of a TV sitcom.

I am really glad that your Dad is doing so well. Keep us posted on his progress.

Lei
Originally Posted by Gilly

When we got home the physio lady turned up.... OMG! She re-arranged my parents house from top to bottom! She rolled up most of the rugs, moved the coffee table, put a commode on top of the toilet
put lots of pillows under the arm chair so that he can sit at a 90 degree angle and she also moved stuff in his computer room around!
My mums face was priceless!

I am really proud of him as he is a big man yet he is learning fast to get around putting his weight correctly on the crutches and his new knee!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Gilly...Your description of the "physio lady" had me cracking up...she sounds like a character out of a TV sitcom.
She was an Aussie so I could imagine her in Neighbours or Home & Away.....!

I think my dad was upset that she wouldn't be giving him bed baths....!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to know what was going through your Mother's mind when the physio lady started re-arranging the house.
It might have been something like..."What the .....?