Vibes for Molly please

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly has had a couple of off days and as is it 11 months since her cancer diagnosis i am understandably worried. Fortunately we have an app for tonight as she is due her annual bloods and booster although it isn't looking like she will be having her booster. I am going to ask him for a steroid jab or to increase her meds and maybe an ab jab as she is acting like her mouth is sore.

I know that between her age and her cancer that time isn't on our side and i won't try things for too long but she isn't acting like it is her time (playing with stinkies and Da Bird, then chasing her tail and a piece of paper), so i want to know i have tried everything

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, playing is always a good thing. Body language is so telling.

I will keep Molly in my prayers. The seniors sure take a toll on our hearts. I have seven seniors. It's a bittersweet time.

God bless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it went better than i thought. He didn't think her tummy felt worse than when he saw her in Nov, and as it was sudden, he thought it was more likely that she had something like trapped wind than her cancer, so didn't want to increase her meds, although i did forget to mention that she hasn't been eating as much in a morning since i had two weeks off work, although i try and compensate by giving her food when i get up during the night. He checked her mouth and couldn't find anything. I asked him for a vit jab even though he didn't think it would do anything. She has lost a tiny bit we weight since Nov. Her bloods should be back tomorrow so we will know if there is something else going on.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that she's not feeling well. Her playing still is a good sign though

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. She ate a few bits during the evening, and i gave her a belly rub when we went to bed. I woke up at 4.40 and her bowl was empty, so I put some more down which had gone when my alarm went off at 7, and she has eaten a bit more since then. Her belly doesn't feel as bloated this morning either
i dont know if the Vit B jab or the belly rub worked, but i am going to give her more belly rubs. My main problem now is whether I have just made a rod for my own back as i put her food bowl on my pillow last night (she spends most of the night sleeping there), so she didnt have to move very far - not that she does normally, as she eats on my bed anyway!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

My main problem now is whether I have just made a rod for my own back as i put her food bowl on my pillow last night so she didnt have to move very far
If it means she'll eat just do what your doing then slowly move it further away.

When i was trying to get Jack to eat wet food i would follow him around and put the bowl where ever he stopped. He soon knew the game because he would trot over to the stairs with me following, then stopped about 4 stairs up looking at me as if to say "Just put it here thank you!!"

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Thanks guys. She ate a few bits during the evening, and i gave her a belly rub when we went to bed. I woke up at 4.40 and her bowl was empty, so I put some more down which had gone when my alarm went off at 7, and she has eaten a bit more since then. Her belly doesn't feel as bloated this morning either
i dont know if the Vit B jab or the belly rub worked, but i am going to give her more belly rubs. My main problem now is whether I have just made a rod for my own back as i put her food bowl on my pillow last night (she spends most of the night sleeping there), so she didnt have to move very far - not that she does normally, as she eats on my bed anyway!!
This could be me talking about my Ootay!
I use to give Ootay tummy massages several times a day in her old age because she always had such a bad gas build up from her medicines and illnesses. It gave her great relief, and she LOVED it. Actually I usually ended up massaging her whole tiny body.

And she also was fed on my bed, next to my pillow at 3 a.m and 6 a.m.

Molly

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If it means she'll eat just do what your doing then slowly move it further away.

When i was trying to get Jack to eat wet food i would follow him around and put the bowl where ever he stopped. He soon knew the game because he would trot over to the stairs with me following, then stopped about 4 stairs up looking at me as if to say "Just put it here thank you!!"
Awww...!

Tolly likes to be followed with his food too. But he has certain spots. If its his canned food meals he likes to have his left overs brought to the top of the play house. If it's his kibble snack he likes to have the let overs brought to the tower perch. I am well trained!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, nice to know i am not alone in having cat food bowls on my pillow! The vet rang earlier with her blood results, they are fine except for something slightly out on her wbc - but then she does have cancer. Her potassium is also slightly high. We need to worm her as i forgot last night. She does seem to be keener at eating tonight.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw I'm so glad she's doing better! Tuxie's got us well trained - and though I don't sleep with a bowl of food on my pillow, I do keep a plastic baggy of dry food within reach.