Vibes for Katie please

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to request some vibes for Katie. We have a vet visit scheduled for early this afternoon and it's always very stressful for her. As most of you know, Katie is going on 18 years old and in good health over all. Her last senior panel indicated that she she was in very early stage kidney failure. Her appetite became an issue in the fall when she actually refused any kind of food on several occasions. We've been working with the vet on this and, while she still has some days where her appetite isn't the greatest, she's been doing pretty well on a wet food only diet (with access to dry 24/7 if she wants it).

We're going to have blood work done again today and hope Katie's levels still look good. Other than some dental issues over the years, she's always been very healthy and she's still a very sweet, spunky girl.

Thanks so much for the vibes. Will post an update later!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well of course, here they come I am so partial to older kitties.

God bless her and hoping her numbers are ok.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful that you've taken Katie this far! Good luck to you and her today. I hope the lab tests are good.

Lots of going out to you and her!

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for the vibes, everybody.
In general, the news about Katie is good, although there are a couple of things we'll need to keep an eye on. She has developed feline hypertension, not uncommon in senior kitties with kidney disease, even early stage. Her BUN is slightly more elevated than last time (although creatinine is normal). Her ALT (a liver enzyme) is also slightly elevated. This is definitely a concern, but since Katie seems to be feeling well for now, will just watch her closely. Vet did prescribe meds to help manage Katie's blood pressure and suggested I bring her back in two weeks for another blood panel. So, no really bad news, just the reality of Katie's age starting to catch up with her. I'm mostly just grateful that she's made it this far with no major health issues and that I have such a wonderful vet to help get us through whatever comes next. I'm also very proud of Katie for being such a good girl during the vet visit.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that the results are reasonably good and like you said the things showing up all seem to be expected at this point. She's a very lucky kitty to have you taking care of her and staying on top of everything as she ages

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No surprises is good news! the blood pressure is easily controlled properly with the meds, and everything else remains stable.

Scritches to Katie for being a good girl!