Vibes for crittermom needed

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got a few mintutes to post here.Seth started acting sick on Thursday morning.I thought he was just tired and didn't want to go to school.So, I sent him anyways.It was apparent that night, that he was sick. He started getting hacky and wanted to throw up.I called his Dr. and he told me that since I had a standing order for x-rays for Seth, to just take him to the Hospital in the morning for that.Well,Seth declined over the night--vomitting a few times, and coughing pretty bad.So, I called the x-ray dept. and told them what was going on.They told me to take him to the ER instead, that way they could do blood work if necessary and run tests.So, after 8 HOURS in the waiting room, we finally got back to be seen.
So, he's on Amoxicillin for 7 days and also has to use the nebulizer at home. And the inhaler if we are out.Needless to say, we are staying at home with him for the next few days.
We talked about HOW he got sick again this time.There is NO smoking in the house, no pets in the house and no wood smoke or irritants.So, it's obvious that he is picking this junk up at school.Or the other kids are.
He told the Dr. all he wants is to be a normal healthy little boy.I cried, because that's what we also want for him.
I am happy that it isn't Pneumonia,but also frustrated that he is sick again.When will my son be able to be Hospital and medicine free?Why him? There are so many questions that I would love to have the answers for.
Thanks again everyone for the PMs, the gifts,the posts, and the well wishes/vibes/prayers. I know that it is because of those, that he is well enough to be home with us for Christmas.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
RSV can be serious, so I'm glad he was seen...but EIGHT HOURS!!!???
Jeez. Also...does he have his tonsils? That can cause repeated infections/low immune response.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor little Seth - I'm so sorry that he's been laid low again, but thank goodness it isn't pneumonia this time
. I'm sending loads of vibes that he feels much much better soon and doesn't have any more of these nasty attacks.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More for sweet little Seth! Thank heavens its not pneumonia!
for you Tammy - I hope he gets better quickly!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the poor little guy... it sounds like this is something he could have shaken off pretty easily if he weren't already weakened, which I guess is why they want to do immune system testing. I hope hope hope that it's just that his body still hasn't entirely recovered from his previous troubles, and there really isn't anything wrong with his immune system.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I'm so sorry.
RSV can be serious, so I'm glad he was seen...but EIGHT HOURS!!!???
Jeez. Also...does he have his tonsils? That can cause repeated infections/low immune response.
I was ticked off to be honest! Yes, Seth still has his tonsils.They haven't mentioned anything about taking them out.
So, that may be my next question to his Dr.
I hope hope hope that it's just that his body still hasn't entirely recovered from his previous troubles, and there really isn't anything wrong with his immune system.
Thank you.We are HOPING also that there isn't anything wrong with his immune system.I don't know what the testing involves, and that is also scarey.
Thanks again everyone!! The support from my friends here, has been heartwarming.I guess it's times like this, that you find out who your real friends are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear he is doing much better. Hopefully he can still enjoy Christmas. Many more vibes coming to you and your family.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!
we are hopeful that he will outgrow this SOON!