Vibes for Conner...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:bump:

Any news? How is your sweet baby? Here's hoping everything is fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh guys I am sooo sorry. My internet at home, as most of you know, is off. I thought I could use the university computer labs to come and relay the news once I left the vet, all of labs were closed for the weekend,, I thought there was one that stayed open, maybe it was closed for some other reason. But either way I am sorry I couldnt update you guys.
HE IS NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!
they do not know what it is he has, but it's atleast not Feline Lukemia!!!! I almost cried when they told me, it's like I had been holding my breath. They said he is a very sick kitty though. He has a very high fever, extremely swollen glands, one ear is discharging, he is congested, coughing, sneezing, wheezing, and has trouble breathing when he is asleep. So, they thought it was just a real nasty URI, but there are other possibilities. They told me it might be FIV, but they want to try a really strong antibiotic for 12 days before they test him for that. My poor baby.
On saturday and Sunday he stopped playing and had just such a high fever, he was burning up. And getting through the nights over the weekend was horrible. I almost rushed him to the emergency vet cuz I thought he was going to die he was having so much trouble breathing. But today is the third day of him taking the meds, and although he still has that horrible high fever, he is running and playing like the mischevious little monster he is!!! So I think they are working!! Yeah!! I thank all of you so much for your vibes and well wishes, support and concern. I needed it. I really hope my baby continues to get better. I hate the night times when he is sick like this, I dont get any sleep. I hope tonight is better. I will keep you posted as to his progress. Here's to hoping it's not FIV. I know even less about that disease than I do about FeV. Sheesh, If it's not one thing it's gotta be somethin' else. Cant we get a break?! LOL. Alright,, you see my attempt at humor?? I think I shall make it..haha. We will get through this, and Thank God it's not FeV!!!!!!!!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good - one nasty thing ticked off. I am glad he is feeling better and playing - maybe it will all turn out all right before you know it. Anyway, here's hoping.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he doesn't have FeLV, and hope this is just a nasty URTI that will clear up. I hope he's feeling better soon.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Stevie, I'm so happy he is negative! I'm just so sorry Conner isn't feeling well, I know it just breaks your heart.
We'll plan on this antibiotic kicking whatever it is that is making him sick! Please feel better soon, Conner!