Vibes for Buster please

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For two reasons actually - firstly, he is going to have repeat bloods done tonight to see if everything is still OK internally (he did have mild anaemia 6 months ago that the vet has never suggested rechecking, so i am doing it), and whether his stomach feels any better. He is still scavenging a lot, but am not noticing that many loose stools when he does, and he does pinch some of Molly's gravy food which does contain cereals.

Secondly, to stop being annoying and making me want to send him back to the rescue!! This morning he had me up at 3.15, then 5.15 wanting to come into my room, and when I got up, he had weed on the carpet protector which then got on the carpet as I was trying to sort it (my mind isn't the best when I have just woken up!!). It is the second time this year he has done that and the only reason is that he has done a smelly poo in the litter tray, so I am going to put a covered one on the landing and see if that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bit of a mix up at the vets last night. His tummy feels better but he has lost some weight and there was a lot of wee yesterday, so we are going to see what his bloods show tomorrow.

I decided that buster might just be as fed up with the litter as me so decided to swap for the new one i bought on Sat to find one of them had missed the tray so had to clean a second part of the carpet as it had even missed the carpet protector. Then i let him out and he found a cat to chase. The spoilt brat then enjoyed the toys i thought he deserved on Sat, except for the one he has already lost!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, his bloods came back fairly normal - his globulin, glucose, cholesterol and something else were very slightly raised, but the vet said they weren't raised enough to be a concern. His thyroid is still on the low side, so no reason for that to cause the scavenging.

I have had a really bad start to the day with him again (and why does he pick the day it is really heavy at work, and I needed some sleep!!) - 2.53 was the time he thought he should get me up - again he had had a poo, but I dont understand that, as his routine is always to poo when I am in the shower!! He also took advantage of me doing litter trays to pinch Molly's food - unfortunately it was dosed with Lactulose, so he is going to have a bit of an upset tum later. I am so frustrated with him, he had only finished his food 5 mins previously, I really dont know what I can do to stop this eating everything in sight, he didn't do it at the rescue.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad his bloodwork looked (basically) fine! Of course, that doesn't help with how frustrating the scavenging problem is.... we had to move ours to no free feeding, and I monitor them while they eat their wet food, and it's a PIA, but that's what it takes, or our piggy Billy would be scarfing everyone's food.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly hasn't been free fed for years, unfortunately she just likes to take more than 2 seconds to eat - fortunately they eat in separate rooms, and Buster generally goes out while she has her tea (which has her steroids in), breakfast is the worst, but I sit in here to supervise, and get as much into her as possible before I leave for work. It is the main reason he isn't allowed in my room at night though, so she can have a bit extra food