Vibes for Blue and Meowgie tomorrow, please!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My baby Meowgie is headed to the vet tomorrow to be neutered, microchipped, and given his rabies shot.  Blue is headed there for his "senior cat blood panel" to check his thyroid.  I am a nervous nelly and worried to death that something will happen to Meowgie during surgery.  I am paying extra for the catheter and IV just incase something happens.  Crazy, I know...but he is our BABY!

As for Blue, he is continuing to lose weight over time.  He is not losing a lot, but he is not gaining either even with an increase in the dose of the thyroid med.  I am terrified the cancer he has in his ear has spread to his lungs or somewhere.  Over the last 1-2 months, he has developed this little "cough" - not a hacking or anything, just like he may throw up, but he doesn't.  It doesn't last long when it happens, but it terrifies me!  He definitely looks frail to me and I have also noticed him having trouble going from one position to another easily (arthritis?).  He will be 15 in April.  I know he is old...but I won't give up on him until I know there is no more hope for him.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Keeping everyone in my thoughts. I can't believe Meowgie is is old and big enough to get neutered. 

And I completely understand on Blue. I hope the bloodwork comes out well. 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
for both the boys.  I also cannot believe Mr. Meowgie is all grown up.  Gosh, I remember when you rescued him.  I thought he was going to live with your mother, wasn't he? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep...living with my mom soooo didn't happen!  You kind of bond with a kitty after all that bottle feeding!  LOL

He has grown up so fast!  He will be 4 mos old on Saturday!!!

Here is a recent picture.  Isn't he lovely?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lovely?  No...HE'S not lovely!  He's HANDSOME!!!!  (lovely is for girls, silly meowmy
)