Vibes for Baby Bonnie, please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Will there be people at the vet watching her overnight?
I hope everything goes well.
That I can't answer, but the vet is on call 24/7, so I actually think he lives in the rear of the building, but again, I don't know for sure.

From what I am told, it is standard procedure for them to keep the animals overnight as this vet prefers to perform surgeries in the afternoon/early evening rather than in the morning.

I'm glad I called in and checked in on her though, as they have a male in for the combo neuter/declaw
and I told them to make DARN sure that my girl comes home with her claws intact just the way nature made her!

I have to find a new vet...there is no way I can take Ferris to see this guy, the office isn't secluded enough. There were folks in there last night complaining that they usually go to other vets but that they used this one for convenience, which is really the only reason I've gone to him.

He's a nice guy, but not top of the line, IMO. I got spoiled having a holistic vet up in MA. Down here in the more rural areas of NC, there isn't much in the way of good vet services, and the closest holistic practitioner is at least an hour away.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet Cleo went to is in NC.
Its in the raleigh durham area and is a cat only vet.
The breeder told me she is a good vet so if you are not taht far from there I will give you her website.
My vet prefers to do surgeries before 2.
I never did ask them what time Meeko had her surgery.
They called s at 2:30 that day though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

The vet Cleo went to is in NC.
Its in the raleigh durham area and is a cat only vet.
The breeder told me she is a good vet so if you are not taht far from there I will give you her website.
My vet prefers to do surgeries before 2.
I never did ask them what time Meeko had her surgery.
They called s at 2:30 that day though.
Thank you, but that's more than 2 hours away from me. I'm closer to Winston-Salem.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I tried.
I think its terrible someone is having their cat declawed.
My vet writes everything down they are having done and puts it on the cage with the cat.
They also have it in the computer and on paper so no mistakes get made.