Vets and vaccination shots.... What is needed and what is just to earn some money?

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just had Sweetie to the vet yesterday for an eye problem. She was due next month for her shots and the vet said may as well do them now. She gave her a FVRCP Booster, and her rabies shot. Also eye ointment, and a food supplement. My total bill was $66.90. I don't know what the FVRCP booster is for but maybe I'm too trusting. She is strictly an indoor cat but I think she should have been tested for FCP?

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had ours FIP tested before we took the cats...but did not get the vaccine for it as the all 3 tested neg .Nor did we get the rabies shot. We just got the ones the vet recommended for indoor only cats.
Normaly they do them every year around here...but I`ve been reading a lot lately that says those shots are good for 3 years and that having them every year can cause problems on the back of the cats necks where the shots are given....so we are considering going to go to every 2-3 years.
Does anyone else on here do that????
Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is an inside only cat so it sounds like as long as I get him vaccinated now that will be about all he needs besides rabbies and whatever else comes up. Thanks again everyone!