Vet Visit Tomorow Has Me Stressed :(

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so happy Miikka is doing so well after her surgery! Your heart must have melted today when she walked up to you and purred.
It must have been very hard to leave. I know you just can't wait to get her home with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastdak

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miikka is home now!
Very stressful day for me.
She doesnt seem to be in much pain and is walking around all over with no issues.
Unfortunately she wont stay in the room I made her (litter, food and bed all in a central location) so I have given up on that and put everything back to where they used to be to prevent confusion.

She has been using her yesterdays news cat litter already and seems to be fine with it. Unfortunately she has already thrown up (I called the vet and they think it might be the end effects of the antesthetic or pain killers or just her overeating now that she is home).

She is currently sleeping on my bed (she almost never sleeps in hers
) and has a bit of a warm head (once again think it might be the effects of the pain killer/anesthetics) but she seems to be happy because she is purring and giving kisses.

I am kind of sad that I have to go back to work tomorow and cant spend another day at home with her...
Hopefully she will be fine, my mom plans to come visit her / feed her during the day.
I could just use some support from them or even my girlfriend (everyone seems to be too busy) to help me look after her today...
*sigh* I hope she gets better fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastdak

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!:
Miikka is doing very well and getting used to being at home again.
Her paws are almost all healed which seems weird, but there has been NO issues with them at all.
Her spay stitches on her stomach look very clean and arent bleeding or oozing anything. (Although I keep laughing everytime I see her shaved tummy!)
Her tattoed ear also looks good as well, no redness or scabbing.

She is keeping her food down and eating normally. She is playing, jumping, getting into trouble, and generally being Miikka!!

I am so happy...

I had to go back to using the regular clumping litter and stop using the Yesterdays News. After the first day Miikka refused to use it and hadnt gone pee or poop.
As soon as I put in the old clumping style litter today she used it IMMEDIATELY.
Since her paws are doing so well, I have decided that using the clumping shouldnt hurt her.
I will keep an eye on everything, but I think she is on a happy road to recovery. She is sure purring lots for me (and even those she doesnt usually purr for)... I am happy that she seems happy!

Thanks again everyone. I dont know what I would have done without you all.