Vet thinks my cat might have coronavirus.

Onatari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a Scottish fold and we have introduced a 3 months old stray cat to our house 9 days ago.
Our scottish cat's meow has gotten hoarse and then lost his voice. He gags like he is going to throw up but nothing comes out.
I went to a vet today and she suspects it might be coronavirus. There is no sign of infection according to blood work. Wednesday results will show if it's coronavirus.
According to websites symptoms don't look like it's coronavirus. What do you think it might be?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Unfortunately without more details and blood test results it would be difficult to offer any advice. Plus we are not a vet and leave medical treatment/diagnosis up to them. However, we can help with resources, guidance and we're always here for support. Sending special thoughts and healing vibes to your Scottish fold cat.:vibes::vibes::vibes:Please keep us updated once you hear back from your vet.

Here is a TCS Article that might have some helpful information for you:
The Coronavirus and Cats – What Owners Need to Know – TheCatSite Articles

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
BUT, there is coronavirus and Covid-19. You should check with your Vet if it comes back positive and find out which one they are talking about. Regular coronavirus in cats is very different than it is in humans, so be sure to read that article.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
BUT, there is coronavirus and Covid-19. You should check with your Vet if it comes back positive and find out which one they are talking about. Regular coronavirus in cats is very different than it is in humans, so be sure to read that article.
Yes, this.
If it were Covid19 I think the vet would have said so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Onatari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He tested positive for Fcov. Does anyone have experience with this? What should i expect from this disease?