vet says one thing / i think other

stormyskyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
vet said definitely Bengal in there....

he even thinks maybe the orange one has some part in him also just by the way he acts and his meow and coat feels...

I got them both at a shelter. so of course they don't know anything.
this is my Siberian /Maine Coon/ragdoll mix this is a kind of cat I'm used to having....a lazy bum
:)

can anybody help me out and let me know what they think and are

kat hamlin

"RESCUE" is my favorite breed
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first kitty, to my eye, does look at least part Bengal.  The combo of spotted tabby with a clearing blue undercoat is Bengalish.  The buff I reserve judgment on...never heard of a particular Bengal meow, per se, so I don't know about that.  Looks like a DSH buff tabby (unless you used a really bright flash) to me.

kat hamlin

"RESCUE" is my favorite breed
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, if he's a kitten, he's going to grow, certainly.  I doubt that he's a pure Bengal so I wouldn't expect him to fulfill all the Bengal traits.  He may have inherited the looks of the Bengal but not the temperament, as well....it's really a crap shoot with mixed breeds.

In general, a purebred Bengal would not be at the shelter.  It's also possible that he's a lookalike with no Bengal blood at all, but that second picture you have of him...his sleekness and coloring and markings are quite reminiscent of the Bengal.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
they love each other.
Which may hint a true bengal ancestry...

Observe, even the reddish mackerel tabby may theoretically have an bengal ancestry, if there are indicies for it.

Although bengals are either spotted, or some are classic tabbies "marbled bengal",   I dont think there are any bengals who mackerel tabbies, 

BUT

the mackerel tabby pattern is the strongest of them.  At least, its dominant over classic/marbled tabby, but I think its dominant also over spotted.

And thus, a mixed out bengal with a striped tabby, the children will become striped tabbies...

While a bengal x non tabby, will inherit  the bengal spotted / marbled, although the spots will tend to be less gorgious for each generation.