vet costs

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who is currently dealing with a cat with a chronic/fatal illness. I can say that the cost of certain things is upsetting only because I hate the idea that after 16 years of loving & caring for my cat I would have to make a decision to put her down based purley on cost. My cat has CRF & I don't even think about how much I've spent on her over the last year between office visits & meds & fluids & food. She get's perscription food, a pill every day, sub Q fluids every other day. The last vet visit I made cost me $130. Now I pay it & I never complain because I know that all the wonderful people that work there have to get paid, but what I'm trying to say is that I can understand how if your cat is chronicly ill it could be frustrating. Hey I complained when a year ago I came out of the Dr.s office owing $300 for a heart work up. It's one of those things you do it because you know it's the right thing to do, but I think sometimes it's human nature to complain. Also, I have to add that anger is one of the aspects of grief. I've been reading a book on the loss of a pet & the Dr. who wrote the book says that often people get mad at the vet because it's a "safe" place to go with their anger. Now on the other hand I've watched shows on Animal planet that make me furious. I've seen young animals put down because they needed a $1500 surgorey that the owner didn't want to pay for. That one made me cry because if someone came to me & said I can make your cat 100% healthy again all she needs is this surgorey I would say let's do it, but nothing will turn back time & make my kitty better.