Purraise
Poor kitty!
Very best wishes for finding him the right help soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alaskaerik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now the right side of poor kitty's face is all swollen, just like his feet were. He doesn't seem to be in any pain though. Like his feet, I expect the swelling to only last a day or so. He's still active and interacts with us, so that's a good sign. As for allergies, the vet put him on a special food that he's been getting for the past month. I'm off on a trip for a few weeks, so if this hasn't cleared up by the time I get back, I'm definitely looking for a new vet! Again, thanks to all who have responded. I wish I could pass all your thoughts on to kitty.

Erik

alaskaerik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

This is a long shot also, but I see you have carpet. Do you use any kind of carpet freshener or deodorant powder when you vacuum? I was absolutely amazed when I had to pull up a section at our previous residence to see how much of the stuff had sifted under the carpeting. Hope you find the answer soon!
We haven't used any carpet freshener yet. This is a brand new apartment we moved into seven months ago since we've sold one house and are getting ready to sell another house. Once we do that we'll be building a new house. Kitty should have been over any trauma from the move by now. He did adjust rather rapidly.

Erik

alaskaerik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by 5catsandcountin

wow, how long did it take for his fur to grow back in?
It's been over a month since the vet shaved him. He was pretty brave about it. They didn't even have to anesthetize him!

Erik

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik

We haven't used any carpet freshener yet. This is a brand new apartment we moved into seven months ago since we've sold one house and are getting ready to sell another house. Once we do that we'll be building a new house. Kitty should have been over any trauma from the move by now. He did adjust rather rapidly.

Erik
I would suspect chemical vapor off the carpet or from the wall s out gassing

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that collar perhaps to tight on one side? That could be what is causing the swelling. I hope they find an answer soon and this cat can live a normal life again.

marlearn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor sweet kitty! I don't have any advice that has not already been presented, but I do pray that you find out what is bothering him!!